Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Springs And Tings

NickyG

Hiya, posted before once or twice but now am here proper. And would appreciate help if possible

Okay so I'm back on the road having just bought another mr2. This is a G-Limited import one on a H plate non turbo and that. My problem is that it failed it's MOT due to the drivers side spring being broken, not much of an issue apart from that it has been lowered but no one can tell me by how much.

Even though I had to take it to 2 garages before I found one that I could get it into. Because it was too low for the ramps, the final garage could only just do it as it was. But guess what, they can't even tell me if they are aftermarket springs, (which they must be) and also it's rolling on 18's. What sort of springs should I buy cause i've seen 30,35 and 40mm.

And do I need to buy all four or can I just get two fronts from some place like eBay. And do I have to go and pay to have it fitted cause I don't wanna. Also any replies would be appreciated especially if they are quick as I have two weeks to get this sorted or pay for another MOT

Thanks, Nick

If it was my car, and I came across this problem...... I would higher the car a bit....not being able to get on a ramp is a warning imo for future things to go wrong . eg not being able to get over those really awkward high speed bumps or get onto a flat bed truck should the day ever come or even on to a ramp as you have found out.

And yet again if it was me and I really liked the low look I would buy all 4 brand new, if you can fit the springs using the correct tools, then have a bash at it yourself.

Maybe this is off no help to you at all but hey ho.

Fitting new springs is not a job that should be attempted by yourself if you havnt done it before, you can injure yourself if it is not done properly with the correct tools. Nobody HAS to have work done at a garage, but in this case it could save you time and money

If the car is so low it cant get on a ramp then IMHO it is too low. The standard Toyota lowering springs on MOST models is around 30mm

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I would recommend getting 4 new springs...

Jap Spec Performance sell Apex springs at around £120 delivered and they lower the ride height by 30mm which should still be ok for ramps etc provided you are careful

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links