Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Save The World! Save Yourself Money

Hoovie

My wife wont buy these bulbs, she reckons they look too much like tampax :shutit:

Nothing wrong with tampax....they come in useful for nose bleeds and diarrhoea, so I have been told. :unsure: :P

My wife wont buy these bulbs, she reckons they look too much like tampax :shutit:

Nothing wrong with tampax....they come in useful for nose bleeds and diarrhoea, so I have been told. :unsure: :P

Yeh .................but they don't light up the room............... ;) :lol::lol:

Yeh .................but they don't light up the room............... ;) :lol::lol:

They do if you soak them in petrol and set light to them :D

Ahhh, but I think they would if you lit them, mind you, it would have to be a fairly small room. :P

Save the planet??? I used to run my Hilux Surf on veg oil to save the planet, they bumped the price up so I fitted a 4.0 petrol V8, **** 'em!

Oh, and those bulbs have to be on for at least an hour to give any usefull light, where's the saving?

I do find that the ones I use for my outdoor lights do take a little while to reach full brightness especially on cold nights, but they do a good job as they are normally on all evening and use very little electricity.

My wife wont buy these bulbs, she reckons they look too much like tampax :!Removed!:

They light the room better than any poxy energy saving bulb :lol:

Save the planet??? I used to run my Hilux Surf on veg oil to save the planet, they bumped the price up so I fitted a 4.0 petrol V8, **** 'em!

LEGEND! :lol: :D

It sounds like they suffer from "Prius syndrome"...

Raved about by the short term sighted greenies.... then people realise that one day they will need to be disposed of.... and they contain materials that are not very nice!

Another point, I take it they work more like a fluorescent tube... I remember hearing once that tubes use more energy to turn on then it takes to keep them illuminated for two hours... so to use Teegs' example of flicking one on to get something, would this mean that they actually consume MORE energy????

I personally think the future of lighting is in LEDs, but they still have some R&D to put in. you can already get LED energy saving bulbs, which I would imagine don't use as harmful chemicals, are easier to dispose of, and don't waste as much energy creating heat.

I can see houses in the future running a low voltage power line too, to eliminate the heat generating, inefficient transformers that so many modern appliances use!

As for Tampax... great for soaking up oil that leaked into Supra 7M plug wells!

I remember hearing once that tubes use more energy to turn on then it takes to keep them illuminated for two hours... so to use Teegs' example of flicking one on to get something, would this mean that they actually consume MORE energy????

Uran myth !

In the very early days of flourescent lighting there were startup power issues, this was quickly resolved.

Agreed LEDs is the way forwards though. We make lighting for down Mineshafts for a customer - that's all LED lights, 5W LEDs are so bright you can't even look at them without seeing dots for hours !

I personally think the future of lighting is in LEDs

Agreed...

Although, as some will know good quality LEDs are nion indestructable, if treated correct, and that was true about 15 years ago when they first started to become serious business

With the advance of technology, and obviously they are making their way into cars already (Audi DRLs etc..).

The worst thing for the manufacturer is they dont really 'wear out' which is the only real reason the stay in business :lol:

I also love the way LEDs have a really quick response time, they switch on and off and full power very quickly, and the effect of having loads oin tail lights looks cool... the main reason I insisted on getting a facelift M3 infact lol

I also love the way LEDs have a really quick response time, they switch on and off and full power very quickly, and the effect of having loads oin tail lights looks cool... the main reason I insisted on getting a facelift M3 infact lol

Indeed, i love the effect :D

When i point it out to people when there is a car in front with LEDs and one with bulbs, they ask... whats the difference... n00bs :lol:

I use LED brake lights and your right they are faster and brighter ergo safer :thumbsup:

LED lights do illuminate faster, in fact in under 100ns.........faster than a rocket propelled tampax anyway :eek:

<note to ones self........must get out more>

Kingo :thumbsup:

LED lights do illuminate faster, in fact in under 100ns.........faster than a rocket propelled tampax anyway :eek:

Must get out more rocket propelled Tampax from the Store room ? :yes: :lol2:

Do the BMWs have the intensity varying dependant on the braking pressure applied? think I read that somewhere? :unsure:

Do the BMWs have the intensity varying dependant on the braking pressure applied? think I read that somewhere? :unsure:

Mercedes have a fast flickering brake light when braking from over 50 MPH............they claim that it is more noticeable to the vehicle behind therefore safer.

Yup! If I am braking constantly to slow down, then suddenly stand on the achors the extra big ones around the edge light up too...

- or so it says in the manual... Not sure if they work or not... I am sure anyone in the situation where they are active will be to busy tring to avoid me then study the pretty lights lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links