Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

That Mmt Gearbox

pork_pie

Had my 2 year 20000 mile service last Saturday and they told me about some low speed rattling coming from the gearbox.

I thought that was part of having the gearbox but anyway they said they would need to replace the clutch for a modified one and that the warranty will cover it. Also was told it needs a control unit as well which is also covered under warranty. This will be require at least 5 hours to install.

The gearbox has given me no trouble at all touch wood so far but I was wondering if anyone has had similar work done.

I am just a tad worried the mechanics will ***** the unit up permanently. This was not identified at the PDI and also the 10 k service last year.

Apart from that, the car is stil great - does exactly what it says on the tin and the engine is finally loosening up therefore am getting near mid 60s mpg from mixed diving

The gearbox does get a bit of getting used to with the manual override useless is not as flexible as it seems as it does not let you change into 2nd until its done at least 15mph which is the case in fully auto mode. In auto mode with exception of 1st to 2nd, the system changes gears far too soon. In sport mode - its far too late.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links