Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T1 2007 Gearbox

MansoorM

Hi Guys

Hoping somebody can advise me.

I'm in South Africa, bought a 'certified used vehicle' in mid May this year (2008). At the time, the Yaris T1 had about 33000km on the ODO.

I've driven it for just over 5 months and at 39000km the gearbox packed in. Fortunately, the part is still covered under the 2 year/100000km warranty, but I'm just concerned as to what's going to give up next.

What would you advise? Insist the car is replaced by the Sales Dealer once it comes back repaired?

The buggers won't even give me a courtesy car (Ombudsman here I come) as they claim "they don't have any", but thats another story...

By the way, did you guys know that the Yaris was rated no 5 in gaywheels top 10 !Removed! cars?

------------------

The list:

1. VW Rabbit (Golf)

2. VW Eos

3. Mazda MX-5 Miata and Audi A3 - tie

4. Mazda MAZDA3 and VW Jetta - tie

5. Toyota Yaris

6. Saab 9-3 and Dodge Caliber -tie

7. Volvo C30

8. Smart fortwo

9. Toyota Matrix and MINI Cooper - tie

10. Maserati GranTurismo

------------------

In my present circumstance, even though I'm straight, I'm still having to 'bend-over' with the quality I'm getting out of the vehicle and dealers here in South Africa.

*sigh* Alas, I've always been a Toyota guy, first the Corona, then the 'box-shaped' 1.6 Sprinter back in the 80s, then the dolphin shaped in the 90s, and now the Yaris.

I'm a sucker for reliability in a vehicle, but I just don't feel I'm getting it from my Yaris. Please help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links