Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Copper Grease

Lucie

just a quick question. does copper grease look white and sticky?

No normally copper grease is.............."copper" coloured........... ;)

I think that you are talking of Lithium grease which is usually a white colour and sticky :thumbsup:

Why do you ask?.......

No normally copper grease is.............."copper" coloured...........

i was asking for that wasnt i lol

just asking because finally my yaris went into the garage for its squeaky brakes. had the problem since it was bought new but it was on and off so no point taking it in to the garage becasue when they test drove it the squeak wasnt there but would start again as soon as i got home. anyway the brakes had been getting worse so i decided to drop in at the dealership after the guy said to pop in if i was nearby and they were squeaking so they could hear it for themselves and see where it was coming from (although it was obviously the front disks)

so i took it in on thursday and the guy said there was no obvious problem but he took the pads out and softened them (think he said that) looked like he was rubbing them on something on the floor in the workshop and then he said he'd greased everything up. he said he couldnt say it would stop it totally but maybe 85%.anyway i can see what looks like white and sticky stuff around the brakes/pads thats he put on. so after looking on the net i wondered if it was copper grease as that comes up alot in searches to get rid of brake noise

touchwood since thursday its been all quiet and that grinding noise you get when braking is alot quieter aswell.sounds more like the noise my dads corrolla makes (brakes dont squeak on that)

The thick white grease is what we use sometimes use when brakes squeal. It is a Toyota supplied grease and comes in a little tube (quite expensive)

Mart.

Its just anti seazure grease. If you forget to put it on it can cause the to screach/squeal/creak as you have metal on metal all the time.

Copper grease is adequate, although new fangled stuff is available. Not seen a white one but there is a black sludgy looking one that is quite common, called neo grease... short for neobodenium or something like that

just a quick question. does COPPER grease look white and sticky?

no, the clue is in the description! white and stickey without sounding obvious is white grease

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links