Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good Insurance Quote.. I Hope

Rich1988

Right, Friday i will have a Celica GT4 ST205. A few mod already on it (Intake, Cams etc) - I've been shopping about and i belive i have been given a good quote for someone my age.

I'm 20,

I live in the WS1 Postcode area (I've had people say is a medium rated postcode :unsure: ),

I have one accident claim - to the total of £95,

2 Years NCB,

I will be insuring two cars:

Rover 214Si (Optional)

Toyota Celica GT4 ST205

The best quote i have been given (I've tried Sky insurance) is £2078 for BOTH cars, fully Comp. If i was to insure just the Celica, i'm looking at £2200. The company is Admiral, and i'm using the Multicar Policy.

Has anyone used Admiral before? They seem reasonable, my current insurance company is called Bell (A sister company to admiral).

Also as a joke, i though of running past them a quote for the rover and a Jap Import Supra TT, i was quoted £2106 :o :o

My question is, is this quote good for the car and someone my age?

Regards,

I would also try A-Plan Insurance... Chris Knott Insurance and also Noel Dazely Insurance (if you havent already!)... they can often do you a good deal, and sometimes undercut someone else...

one perfectly legal way to see if you can get a reduction on a quote is to add a second driver who may be more 'Insurable' then you.

As long as you are the primary driver and insurance holder, you may find it convienient to add your mother or father as a named driver on the basis that you may at some time want them to be drive the vehicle.

I have my wife as a named driver on the policy and that reduces it by about £20 - or in percentage terms, over 10%, so could be significant on a policy of £2,000?

Just keep shopping, someone out there can always beat a previous quote.

I'm with More Than and they halved my last quote!

The only good thing about getting older is low insurance prices.

I paid about 1200 for my crappy 1.2 punto like 5 years ago, I now pay 300 for a 3 litre lexus.

Have you tried elephant (Although I think they are part of the Admiral group) ?

Money isnt the issue, my work is paying for anything on the car. So i can spend as much as i like.

The issue is finding a GOOD insurance group that will offer alot for the money.. obviously keeping the price within reason.

I belive that they have give me a good quote.

If i insured my Rover on its own, i'm looking at £700, if i looked to insure the Celica on its own, that will be £2200...

In the multicar, the rover is £~400, and the celica would be ~1600. Both being fully comp.

The price between fully comp and 3rd party is about £50.. and for that.. i belive its worth it.

So what you need to decide is what features you need and get a policy from a reputable insurance company that offers those features for the most competative cost.

Fully Comp for £50 more then 3rd party on a policy costing £2,000 - no brainer, you go for it.

Protected NCD is - IMHO - also a no brainer if you have the option.

Courtesy car - usually extra cost or if "free" there is a hidden charge in the policy - you have two vehicles so courtesy car feature probably irrelevent - check if you are paying extra for a feature you don't need.

You drive to work? you use your car when at work (maybe between different locations?) - check the policy has the right cover. SDP (Social, Domestic & Pleasure) usually covers a direct commute to your normal place of work, but you may need to check if you need Class A business insurance (covers you for using your vehicle in the course of your business, but not as a Rep or salesman)

What do these excesses look like?

Still never hurts to get the best price ....

Dunno if £2,000 is good or bad for your age and driving record? under 25's get penalised a fair bit and under 21 even more so! How soon are you 21? That 20 to 21 age switch may make a big difference to a policy price.

It could even pay to get a policy that you can cancel when you hit 21 if that is reasonably soon and then take out again at a much better price.

The way you have broken down the individual quotes and then compared to the multi-vehicle policy, it looks to me that you have found a good value deal :) Make sure it gives you want you want :thumbsup:

I'm 20, will be 21 in 7 months time. I will be driving it for work, but its more for pleasure use (I love my boss lol)

I just cant wait to collect the car.. I'm getting it on friday but this seems to be the slowest week ever! Its Wednesday? Normally its Sunday by now damit!

one perfectly legal way to see if you can get a reduction on a quote is to add a second driver who may be more 'Insurable' then you.

As long as you are the primary driver and insurance holder, you may find it convienient to add your mother or father as a named driver on the basis that you may at some time want them to be drive the vehicle.

I have my wife as a named driver on the policy and that reduces it by about £20 - or in percentage terms, over 10%, so could be significant on a policy of £2,000?

I added my mum to my policy, £90 reduction in the premium! :yahoo:

Although after taking her for a spin and introducing her to "Lift" she refuses to drive my car as it scares her! :lol:

I'm 20, will be 21 in 7 months time. I will be driving it for work, but its more for pleasure use (I love my boss lol)

I just cant wait to collect the car.. I'm getting it on friday but this seems to be the slowest week ever! Its Wednesday? Normally its Sunday by now damit!

Enjoy it :thumbsup:

I had a 1989 Celica GT4 - best car I've driven :D

I was told by a few ins companies I called that adding another driver wouldnt matter... as they took the 'higher risk' driver and went off that... so watch out... cause not all ins companies will drop the price for an additional.

Admiral seem ok so far for me. I am paying £800 on an M3, (26 8 years no claims) Adding my other half as a second driver saved me about £200 (she does occasionally drive it too) but adding my parents put the premium up!

I had to have a new windscreen a bit back and they handled it well, no fuss, sent the reparer out that day and fitted genuine parts.

Admiral seem ok so far for me. I am paying £800 on an M3, (26 8 years no claims) Adding my other half as a second driver saved me about £200 (she does occasionally drive it too) but adding my parents put the premium up!

I had to have a new windscreen a bit back and they handled it well, no fuss, sent the reparer out that day and fitted genuine parts.

I was on the A5 the other day and i got floor'd by an M3.... well.. i was driving a 1.4 Rover.. but still... beasty of a car the M3 is.

Yeah, the quote given me was for just me, none added. I don't think i'm going to add my parents as they use a motorbility car and the insurance group (Royal Sun & Alliance) don't give out NCB.

I want to get NCB protection, as i've earned two years already. But i think the minimum you have to have to add NCB Protection is 4-5

Karma, I thought you were WAY older than 26!!

Dont know why, funny how you have a mental image of people online.

Because I'm a Grumpy c**t????? lol

To be fair I feel way older lol.

What I hate is when people say they think I'm way older when they HAVE met me!

hahaha can just imagine you sitting there wearing your driving hat and gloves and smoking a pipe lol

hahaha can just imagine you sitting there wearing your driving hat and gloves and smoking a pipe lol

and muttering "where the hell does that starting handle go inthe M3 again???" :D

and muttering "where the hell does that starting handle go inthe M3 again???" :D

While trying to set the "VDV" player to record "points of view"

hummmmm i've owned a few ST205's now and i've never paid that much. I bought my first one at 19 and i had zero NCB.....i think i insured that with Adrian Flux and paid about £1200.....

Now been with Sky for ages...always the cheapest.....well for cars at least...

Forsome who's 20, i reckn u gettin good quotes. Am 21, and on the audi its a bit expensive first driver, but am 2nd after dad - £400.

But the avensis D4D - £3700 third party (taxi insurance). My first quote last week was £12,000.(thats when i almost died)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links