Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is So Great About The Auris?

Zolder

Had a Corolla just before my Auris and my opinion is the newer car interior & exterior is miles better. Also dynamically its miles better.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thescotsgod

• balli hi

• T Sport 1978

• geoffb

all and all though the auris offers good value for money (now that u get climate control on the TR2 that is ;) )

I admire your commitment, but i cant agree! Whilst i dont dislike the Auris, Toyota need to work harder. A Kia Ceed 1.6D 113BHP LS 5dr is £1,000 less than an Auris 1.4D T3 5dr with more spec and a much better warranty, more Power, MPG, lower CO2 and better residuals!

Badge Snobs cant disagree with this. :(

Hi cabcurtains nice to meet ya :thumbsup:

i agree with you on the fact toyota have to work harder , for a number of years now the cars that toyota have released lets say havent set my hair on fire :D in terms of looks outside and in , but with the auris i feel they are trying to be different , maybe not to the same extent that honda are doing with the spaceship like interior of the civic but i have noticed they are trying to be more up to date. From my many years being with toyota i can only gather that from what customers have said is that they come back to toyota because of the reliabilty and the no hassle driving and thats what made be buy mine. Things will be perfect but things are a changing within the group ;)

hi thescotsgod,

i was woundering if i was to replace the standard stereo on my auris with an aftermarket one what efect would this have on the warrenty??

all and all though the auris offers good value for money (now that u get climate control on the TR2 that is ;) )

I admire your commitment, but i cant agree! Whilst i dont dislike the Auris, Toyota need to work harder. A Kia Ceed 1.6D 113BHP LS 5dr is £1,000 less than an Auris 1.4D T3 5dr with more spec and a much better warranty, more Power, MPG, lower CO2 and better residuals!

i agree with you on the fact toyota have to work harder , for a number of years now the cars that toyota have released lets say havent set my hair on fire :D in terms of looks outside and in , but with the auris i feel they are trying to be different , maybe not to the same extent that honda are doing with the spaceship like interior of the civic but i have noticed they are trying to be more up to date. From my many years being with toyota i can only gather that from what customers have said is that they come back to toyota because of the reliabilty and the no hassle driving and thats what made be buy mine. Things will be perfect but things are a changing within the group ;)

hi thescotsgod,

i was woundering if i was to replace the standard stereo on my auris with an aftermarket one what efect would this have on the warrenty??

No it doesn't as i have done that and my warranty is intact.

hi thescotsgod,

ok thanx for the answer. i have just ordered mine and the salesmen stressed that if there was a problem with the cars electrics the warrenty would be questions as the stereo would not be fitterd by a toyota mechanic and the device is not a toyota product. is this true??

hi thescotsgod,

ok thanx for the answer. i have just ordered mine and the salesmen stressed that if there was a problem with the cars electrics the warrenty would be questions as the stereo would not be fitterd by a toyota mechanic and the device is not a toyota product. is this true??

Well thats a different question.

By installing the stereo you do not void the car's warranty, but if they suspect a problem of the stereo's causing then thats discretionary to the dealer.

By installing mine i have not voided my warranty as i have had work done under it since i have had the stereo, but they were not electrically related.

If you are that worried about it then i suppose you should think twice or have it done by Toyota themselves (then get them to guarantee the work). Or else speak to Toyota GB to clarify the situation.

I think what you want to

This is exactly the case. When I was ordering mine, I wanted xenons installed and I asked the dealer if Toyota offers them as an option - the answer was "No, only for Avensis!" Then I asked if they could install some aftermarket HID kits for me, as I didn't want to void my warranty. The dealer explained that they could install them for me, but this still would void the warranty of the headlights, since the HID was not manufactured by Toyota and the couldn't take the responsibility for any damages caused to the headlight by the HID kit. He said they've had a case like this one with a Yaris - they installed HID kit and it exploded and cracked the headlight open, so if I still wanted, they can install them, but warranty on headlights will be void.

This is exactly the case. When I was ordering mine, I wanted xenons installed and I asked the dealer if Toyota offers them as an option - the answer was "No, only for Avensis!" Then I asked if they could install some aftermarket HID kits for me, as I didn't want to void my warranty. The dealer explained that they could install them for me, but this still would void the warranty of the headlights, since the HID was not manufactured by Toyota and the couldn't take the responsibility for any damages caused to the headlight by the HID kit. He said they've had a case like this one with a Yaris - they installed HID kit and it exploded and cracked the headlight open, so if I still wanted, they can install them, but warranty on headlights will be void.

so it would only void the warenty om the stereo irself?? i suppose i could live with that as there is warrenty on it from them. but do you think there could be such an issue with a stereo where thet could say it has effected the electrics of the car else were??

...but do you think there could be such an issue with a stereo where thet could say it has effected the electrics of the car else were??

Absolutely! I've seen a Tercel set on fire because of improper stereo installation! I wouldn't change a single screw in the car at least for the first three years, while it's covered by manufacturer's warranty. But again - that's me :P You can do whatever you want with your car ;)

The only problem my corolla (auris) has ever had was the power steering belt was a tad loose but it was a day b4 i got it serviced so it was fixed quick smart :)

i wonder why you guys dont get the 1.8L dual vvti engine? its a good engine but i would rather have the 2.2 diesel :(

My view on toyota in general, including the auris is... all their cars are good in every area but not excellent in any.

Areas being, style in/out, performance, mpg, electronics, whats included, service costs, insurance, tax etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how do you know that the plastics in the Auris are cheap? Because they are hard? Interesting. Well, know this - I work as a automotive journalist in my country and i can assure you that the Auris has a quality interior, because we were driving it on hard test, around 10.000 miles. The plasitc (in my country, but the car still comes from UK) is well screwed together and of a nice quality. It is just hard, which doesn't mean anything! Does that mean that the plastic of the new Honda Accord (i,ve driven it yesterday) is cheap because it is hard? Now, about the plastic on the Golf (MK V), a can't say anything good. Yes, when you touch it it is like woman breast (maybe that's why someone like it), but nothing is well screwed together, which the people from VW told me I was right and they did not complain when I wrote that in the test drive. My point is, it doesn't mean that if the plastic is hard is of a cheap quality. When I asked the people in Toyota why is that, they told me because it is plastic that should be recycled (the one in the Golf can not), that's why it is hard. So, don't be distracted just by the touch, because I personally have driven the Focus MK I and all i can say about the quality of the cabin is that is rubbish!

OK if its not cheap so its rubbish. A small touch of my keys or something else scratches those plastics very much. They can be hard i don't care but if you want them to look good you can't even touch them

OK if its not cheap so its rubbish. A small touch of my keys or something else scratches those plastics very much. They can be hard i don't care but if you want them to look good you can't even touch them

But it is also very easy to remove the scratches. Just use some interior cleaner/polisher.

I don't know how do you know that the plastics in the Auris are cheap? Because they are hard? Interesting. Well, know this - I work as a automotive journalist in my country and i can assure you that the Auris has a quality interior, because we were driving it on hard test, around 10.000 miles. The plasitc (in my country, but the car still comes from UK) is well screwed together and of a nice quality. It is just hard, which doesn't mean anything! Does that mean that the plastic of the new Honda Accord (i,ve driven it yesterday) is cheap because it is hard? Now, about the plastic on the Golf (MK V), a can't say anything good. Yes, when you touch it it is like woman breast (maybe that's why someone like it), but nothing is well screwed together, which the people from VW told me I was right and they did not complain when I wrote that in the test drive. My point is, it doesn't mean that if the plastic is hard is of a cheap quality. When I asked the people in Toyota why is that, they told me because it is plastic that should be recycled (the one in the Golf can not), that's why it is hard. So, don't be distracted just by the touch, because I personally have driven the Focus MK I and all i can say about the quality of the cabin is that is rubbish!

Hi evo

Whats the interior quality like in the current ford focus ?

Ford Focus? Well, nice on the upper level of the interior, bad on the low level. The same with Mondeo. Upper level plastics are nice, but when you look down there it is nothing special. Totally different then the upper one. And what i like about Japanese cars, is that the plastics on the interior are the same on every side of the car. They are not just trying to impress you, and when you start looking you'd be dissapointed. However, today i've driven the new Megane, and for the quality of the cabin i can tell just good things, for the second time for a french car (the other is Peugeot 308, really nice cabin). Everything is well put together and i liked it.

Visit my webpage with the cars i've driven. It is in Macedonian, but if you like i'll send you a link from the reviews and tell you what i liked and what i didn't:

www.koli.com.mk

I am disapointed with the build quality of My Auris I have had a number of problems nothing major but annoying the most annoying is the drivers door whisles in the wind and the dealers still havent been able to sort it yet but it has never not started on me which is good.

The only problem my corolla (auris) has ever had was the power steering belt was a tad loose but it was a day b4 i got it serviced so it was fixed quick smart :)

i wonder why you guys dont get the 1.8L dual vvti engine? its a good engine but i would rather have the 2.2 diesel :(

Why a Diesel Rice? 2ZR FE all the way!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links