Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ps3 = Fail

Karma Supra

Anyone had this, or heard of this???

I was enjoying a little bit of Dead Space when the console beeped and turned off... nothing but a red flashing light... it won't power up, and it wasn't overheating...

I had been playing for about 15 minutes... I have tried to Google it, all I got was a load of whinging American kids throwing their toys out the pram because their PS3 has broken....

Currently powered off at the mains... in the hope that something resets!

It’s a week old this evening.... - and annoyingly I don't have a receipt as it was a bonus/commission from work!

If it doesn't work, go buy one on your credit card then take the faulty one back for a refund ;)

Never heard of this problem before.

Is it the newly released 60Gb version with the Dualshock controller or a 40Gb version? If it's the new 60GB version maybe it's a fairely new fault and not many people have had it yet.

Edit: It's because you sold your Supra and bought an M3! God is judging you!!!

Its the brand new dualshock 80GB version.

I managed to get it to turn on for long enough to eject the game, then it resorted to its bricked state.

Edit: It's because you sold your Supra and bought an M3! God is judging you!!!

Probably!!! Must the the vulgar carbon fibre "///M" keyring I bought....

Even if you don't have the receipt surely support should offer some assistance since it's brand new? No idea.

Luckily not encounted such a problem yet. Sounds simular to the 360's red lights of death problem.

nice to see the PS3 is as big a fail box as the 360. though saying that ive had my 360 for about18mth and no issues...........................yet. :unsure:

nice to see the PS3 is as big a fail box as the 360. though saying that ive had my 360 for about18mth and no issues...........................yet. :unsure:

lol, must admit my 360 has been rock solid too, only bombed once when i left the cupboard door shut on accident and it over heated...

Probably tempted fate now :lol:

Not quite as big. If he found nothing to do with it on Google then it can't be too common of a problem :P

As said, it's probably a new fault to the recently released 80GB version.

I'm on my third (I think) Xbox360.

I have heard of PS3 faults etc. They were about straight after launch also. Search on youtube, it's where I saw alot of stuff about it ages ago.

No problems with my PS3 so far.

Game swapped it over last night....

The guy in the shop tried to tell me I was wrong, and that its the Xbox that gets the flashing light of death.... So they tested it and gave me a fresh one....

So far so good.... I'll back up all my saves on this one!

The guy in the shop tried to tell me I was wrong, and that its the Xbox that gets the flashing light of death.... So they tested it and gave me a fresh one....

I can just imagine the emotion sweeping across your face as the spotty little twonk told you that :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: I politely pointed out that I'd have not driven from Henley in rush hour traffic, paid for parking, and lost all my saved games to exchange a machine there was in perfect working order.....

Well I say politely....... lol

You forgot to mention the £40 it cost you in petrol in that bloody 'galoofing' car of yours. :lol:

Good news on getting it sorted though! :thumbsup:

Lol I still love that word!

Good on them for swapping it over without any problems.

Alot of places try the old... "You have to phone the support number.." , line.

I had to argue to get my Xbox swapped. Helps being a retail manager myself, at least I know what I can get away with etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links