Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Competition Website Security Errors

AndrewRH

Hi,

In the hope that someone at Toyota UK reads this...since "Contact Us" link on their corporate site does not have an email address that I could find; So no easy way to tell Toyota about a security issue I had...

I went to the website mentioned in the latest issue of the "Today Tomorrow" Toyota magazine in order to enter the competitions:

http://www.todaytomorrow.co.uk/comps

-> then I clicked on one of the competitons

Both firefox and Internet Explorer both came up with security alerts when I did this.

Firefox says:

Secure Connection Failed

www.todaytomorrow.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for *.toyota.co.uk. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

IE says:

Security Alert

The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site

There does appear to be a way to tell Firefox and IE to ignore this and continue anyway.

~Andrew~

TOC is not affiliated with Toyota in any way.

I get the same error message on that link but IE gives me the option to continue

They don't list an email address but you could use the "Website Comment" option under Contact Us

TOC is not affiliated with Toyota in any way.

I get the same error message on that link but IE gives me the option to continue

They don't list an email address but you could use the "Website Comment" option under Contact Us

Gave error in Opera but also have option to continue...I did and entered competition ok.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links