Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can You Help Me ?

cheryl

Firstly hi as I'm new i own a starlet 1.3 sportif 1996 (my first car)

secondly I'm hoping someone might be able to help me, if you have the time

Ive noticed my matrix doesn't work so no heating and the temp gauge wouldn't make up its mind on where it wanting to be whilst driving it would start overheating then fall right down again,so i thought it was faulty but then Yesterday it done it again for the 100th time so i carried on as i normally do ......

I was on the motorway as this point but it just stalled on me ,so i made my way over to the hard shoulder and it was overheating the next services was about 1 mile away so i let her cool down a bit before heading on my way again.

Got to the garage put water in her checked oil etc ( it had blew off the cap for the radiator bottle)

sat for 10 and started her but she wouldn't start unless i put some rev into it .

set off again and broke down 2 mins later.

wouldn't start again even with some rev tried to bump start it but it wouldn't go

had it towed to my dads but at the top of his hill took it off tow and managed to bump start it down hill but had to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep revs up as the engine would have cut out if i lifted.

After i got it in the drive had a quick look i noticed that directly left of timing belt there was oil splattered also to the rear left hand side bottom of engine bay some oil splattered there also.

After letting it sit for one day i had a look in the oil but it all seems fine and no more oil leaks

any help would be greatly appreciated as its my first car and i really don't wanna have to take her to the scrap yard :(

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly hi as I'm new i own a starlet 1.3 sportif 1996 (my first car)

secondly I'm hoping someone might be able to help me, if you have the time

Ive noticed my matrix doesn't work so no heating and the temp gauge wouldn't make up its mind on where it wanting to be whilst driving it would start overheating then fall right down again,so i thought it was faulty but then Yesterday it done it again for the 100th time so i carried on as i normally do ......

I was on the motorway as this point but it just stalled on me ,so i made my way over to the hard shoulder and it was overheating the next services was about 1 mile away so i let her cool down a bit before heading on my way again.

Got to the garage put water in her checked oil etc ( it had blew off the cap for the radiator bottle)

sat for 10 and started her but she wouldn't start unless i put some rev into it .

set off again and broke down 2 mins later.

wouldn't start again even with some rev tried to bump start it but it wouldn't go

had it towed to my dads but at the top of his hill took it off tow and managed to bump start it down hill but had to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep revs up as the engine would have cut out if i lifted.

After i got it in the drive had a quick look i noticed that directly left of timing belt there was oil splattered also to the rear left hand side bottom of engine bay some oil splattered there also.

After letting it sit for one day i had a look in the oil but it all seems fine and no more oil leaks

any help would be greatly appreciated as its my first car and i really don't wanna have to take her to the scrap yard :(

ya me and d father used to have a starlet and didnt break too much...ya see ya have to elongate the engine nd have her running rich..mayb go t top part or b sec imports

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links