Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Just Tried To Scam Me!

JappyBeast

This number has been calling me for a few days.

I actually answered it today and the lady told me I needed to make a payment of £52 to bring my Barclays account up to date, I told her that I have been paying by direct debit for a long time so this isnt the case. She said that she was going to look at the system and then she said I have nothing set up with them.

This is the funny part, when she quoted my address she got the house number wrong!!!!

I told her that I was going to ring her back on the number on my statements and she was quick to hang up!!

The numbers are 08453007027 and 08453007027

Put the number into Google and loads of people are getting the same call, some even dont have Barclays accounts!

I actually answered it today and the lady told me I needed to make a payment of £52 to bring my Barclays account up to date, I told her that I have been paying by direct debit for a long time so this isnt the case. She said that she was going to look at the system and then she said I have nothing set up with them.

This is the funny part, when she quoted my address she got the house number wrong!!!!

I told her that I was going to ring her back on the number on my statements and she was quick to hang up!!

Put the number into Google and loads of people are getting the same call, some even dont have Barclays accounts!

Yes Andy...............know all about that one....

If you PM me your bank account number, address and sort code details I will make sure that you are not troubled by these nasty scammers again ;)

Yes Andy...............know all about that one....

If you PM me your bank account number, address and sort code details I will make sure that you are not troubled by these nasty scammers again ;)

Steve.... don't bother, there is nothing in his bank account anyway.... I just looked :oops:

Dammit, I could have sworn you lived at number 53... :unsure::lol: ;)

Are they meant to be different? As the are the exact same as each other?

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

I've just sold a phone on eBay and all i need to do now is post it to Nigeria and then send the tracking number so they'll release the funds to my account!! :yahoo:

I've just sold a phone on ebay and all i need to do now is post it to Nigeria and then send the tracking number so they'll release the funds to my account!! :yahoo:

Same here - except they sent me a bankers draft for £1,050 instead of £50 so I had to wire £1,000 back to them Western Union.

silly people, aren't they :rolleyes:

i would report those numbers to BT or get BT or whoever you are with oto get you in contact with a company who issues those numbers.

very sloppy of them unless they are cloaked numbers!

did the person also say they wanted to transfer 10034894 ugandan dollars to you account? which actually equates to £48.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links