Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do I Need To Do To Swap Engines Please Help

mattmunx

i have a 1994 L reg 2.4td surf , the engine has gone kuputt .... ive been offered a replacement engine from a 1992 J reg surf but someone told me the engine wiring is different on them , does anyone know what it is , can the 1992 wiring fit the 1994 truck i.e. purchasing that aswell from the 1992 donar vehicle or do i have to mod the 1994 wiring to match the 1992 engine , or if its a big expensive job do i wait till a 1994 engine appears and buy that ... if anyone has a good 1994 engine hit me up as am interested also ...

many thanks in advance as usual guys .

matt :)

A 1994 Surf should be a 3 litre, and you're replacing it with a 2.4?????????? Confused from south Wales!!

Changing from a 3.0 to a 2.4 and vice versa is a hell of a lot of work and headaches because the engine, transmission wiring looms and ECUs are all different. It's cheaper and easier just to buy another truck.

If you are swaping your engine for one of the same CC, then it's not that difficult and can be done in a day. All the turbo diesel engines and wiring of the same CC will be the same from 1991 to early 1996. (J to N reg)

thanks for the reply , im swapping the same size engine over 2.4 for a 2.4 my 1994 has always been a 2.4 but 2 people on differnt occasions has told me the wiring is different on the 92 and 94 ???? are they both wrong ?

still confused hahha

A 1994 Surf should be a 3 litre, and you're replacing it with a 2.4?????????? Confused from south Wales!!

Changing from a 3.0 to a 2.4 and vice versa is a hell of a lot of work and headaches because the engine, transmission wiring looms and ECUs are all different. It's cheaper and easier just to buy another truck.

If you are swaping your engine for one of the same CC, then it's not that difficult and can be done in a day. All the turbo diesel engines and wiring of the same CC will be the same from 1991 to early 1996. (J to N reg)

The wiring will be exactly the same.

Has the head been replaced on the replacement engine? You'll be spending around 800 quid extra if it hasn't and it cracks later on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links