Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jet Washes...

Karma Supra

Having just spent £4 in my lunch break to end up with a car that essentially still has bits of dirt on it, and foamy soap in all the shut lines I have decided that Jet washes are either rubbish, way over priced, or I am incapable of using them effectively........ :lol:

I used a bout £1.50 worth just jetting it off to rinse the car and there is still foam in the door shuts, the cracks around the tail lights etc... Is it just me being too fussy wanting every bit of muck and soap off when really they are designed for people just trying to “get the mud off” or am I abnormally slow needing more than 4 minutes to wash a car???

Is a pound a minute the regular going rate, or is my local one overpriced??

I’ll need to wash my car when I got home now to get the soap off. Kind of defeats the point! :ffs:

Its not as if I was trying to clean a galoofing (lol) great Hilux either!!!

Maybe the Jet Wash you used prefers Jap cars? :P :lol:

I clearly need a more superior jet wash, designed to clear the more superior dirt that is found on superior cars :P

I think its 30p a min at the morrisons one near me and it does a cracking job, just need to remember not to get the wax stuff on the windscreen if i want my wipers to work!!!!

You need to change your tactics...............Do what I do............Get someone else to wash it :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I clearly need a more superior jet wash, designed to clear the more superior dirt that is found on superior cars :P

Maybe you should ask this question on a 'superior' forum then :P :lol:

Noooooooooo.... my thread would get lost in the "I just part exed my M3 for an R8/F430/GT3, and I'm thinking of getting a Gallardo" type threads.

If it was 30P a min that would probably be fine... a couple oif quid would easily be enough to do the job properly!

Unfortunately where I live mud is free too!

Never liked using those things... I found back when I had my Pug that the foam brush thingie scratched my car like crazy.

Much prefer to use my own jetwash and a spounge! xD Granted it takes more than 5 minutes just to set it all up but hey! It does the job right.

Its been rally look for the last few weeks lol ;) It was so muddy the parking sensors were beginning to think they were already in the wall when I treversed :yahoo:

I need to give my folks a lift to the airport on friday morning and its always ice to go in a clean car.. the theory was my lunchbreak was the only sensible time to wash it as its dark after work.... :blink:

I have wondered about the brush and scratching.... you never know where its been... at home I'll not use anything I have dropped unless its been really thoroughly rinsed through and inspected!

I shampoo'd and washed it this evening when I got in... god knows what it'll look like tomorrow... as I did it in the dark lol.

We have a Karscher (sp?) jet wash but I never use it... you can't beat some mequires gold shampoo, a micro-fibre mitt and a decent chammy afterwards!

post-4811-1227726032_thumb.jpg

Its been rally look for the last few weeks lol ;) It was so muddy the parking sensors were beginning to think they were already in the wall when I treversed :yahoo:

I need to give my folks a lift to the airport on friday morning and its always ice to go in a clean car.. the theory was my lunchbreak was the only sensible time to wash it as its dark after work.... :blink:

I have wondered about the brush and scratching.... you never know where its been... at home I'll not use anything I have dropped unless its been really thoroughly rinsed through and inspected!

I shampoo'd and washed it this evening when I got in... god knows what it'll look like tomorrow... as I did it in the dark lol.

We have a Karscher (sp?) jet wash but I never use it... you can't beat some mequires gold shampoo, a micro-fibre mitt and a decent chammy afterwards!

:lol2: Excellent, I thought my car was dirty!!

We have loads of hand wash type washing (sense much?) places in Lincoln usually a fiver, although the best car wash I have had was at the Fire Station, I have no idea if the outside was clean or not but was a good day :D

Give me your M3 and I'll clean it and lend you my RAV for the 2 too 3 weeks it'll take me... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Never liked using those things... I found back when I had my Pug that the foam brush thingie scratched my car like crazy.

Much prefer to use my own jetwash and a spounge! xD Granted it takes more than 5 minutes just to set it all up but hey! It does the job right.

You use a SPONGE :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Only because I'm too lazy to go and buy anything else. Though I'll have to soon anyway...

Anyway, Notice I said Spounge. Not Sponge! Hehe. Maybe It's a completely different thing? :wacko:

Well after all that, on the way to work this morning, after driving carefully to avoid the muddiest and dampest bits.... a Lorry splashed me and covered me with a fine mud spray......

D'oh!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links