Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Panel Puller

Pat2u

My wife went to her church last night and some !Removed! has booted my car just behind the fuel filler cap its an avensis estate and we now have a size 8 dent in the side panel the paintwork is not split, i could claim on my insurance but so i do not loose my no claims bonus of several years, has anyone ever used a panel puller and had any success with the end result ?

Thanks for any advice.

Strange as it may sound, try boiling water on it.

If a panel is dented and the car is cold ( very likely at this time of year ) then it's possible to pop the offending dent out by throwing a pan of boiling water over the area - the metal rapidly expands and pops back to where it should be.

Not guaranteed for every occasion, but it costs nothing to try .

Strange as it may sound, try boiling water on it.

If a panel is dented and the car is cold ( very likely at this time of year ) then it's possible to pop the offending dent out by throwing a pan of boiling water over the area - the metal rapidly expands and pops back to where it should be.

Not guaranteed for every occasion, but it costs nothing to try .

Hey buddy i'll try anything and your tip may just do it, only prob i envisage is there is a slight ribbing "contour line" on the body panel that may prevent it springing back. cost nowt to give it a go.

Thanks.

My wife went to her church last night and some !Removed! has booted my car just behind the fuel filler cap its an avensis estate and we now have a size 8 dent in the side panel the paintwork is not split, i could claim on my insurance but so i do not loose my no claims bonus of several years, has anyone ever used a panel puller and had any success with the end result ?

Thanks for any advice.

I have used a panel puller before, and they do work .

The trouble though, is trying to find a flat spot in the dented area for the puller to stick to in order to work, if you can get the puller to stick then you should have no trouble in pulling the dent out.

Thanks for any advice.

The trouble though, is trying to find a flat spot in the dented area for the puller to stick to in order to work, if you can get the puller to stick then you should have no trouble in pulling the dent out.

Thanks m8y yep i may have a problem finding a level section to attach a puller to, however i gotta have a go at it.

My wife went to her church last night and some scrote has booted my car just behind the fuel filler cap its an avensis estate and we now have a size 8 dent in the side panel the paintwork is not split, i could claim on my insurance but so i do not loose my no claims bonus of several years, has anyone ever used a panel puller and had any success with the end result ?

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks m8y yep i may have a problem finding a level section to attach a puller to, however i gotta have a go at it.

If you are not confident of doing a good job yourself, why not try "Dent Devils"...............(try Google)

I used them on a previous car with total sucess at a reasonable cost :thumbsup:

Thanks for any advice.

If you are not confident of doing a good job yourself, why not try "Dent Devils"...............(try Google)

Hi red,

do these people come out to the vehicle or do i have to take my car to them ?

I found the site and i think i could use them and "yes" i am not confident in doing the job myself as i am disabled.

Thanks for your reply.

My wife went to her church last night and some scrote has booted my car just behind the fuel filler cap its an avensis estate and we now have a size 8 dent in the side panel the paintwork is not split, i could claim on my insurance but so i do not loose my no claims bonus of several years, has anyone ever used a panel puller and had any success with the end result ?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi red,

do these people come out to the vehicle or do i have to take my car to them ?

I found the site and i think i could use them and "yes" i am not confident in doing the job myself as i am disabled.

Thanks for your reply.

The local Dent Devils operator will visit you wherever you want to be.

Looking at the photo you posted I think they should manage to do that..................The good thing about them is that if they cannot do the job they will not charge to look at it ...........from memory they charge approx £75 per panel.......My dent was a multiple dent on the bonnet where some **** had thrown a beer can.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

:censor: sorry to hear your car got damaged..my Yaris has two big dents where *insertchoicewordhere* have opened their doors into it and slammed it against mine..on both sides aswell, theres no need for it at all :(

I am interested to hear how you get on getting it sorted.

Took a photo today as you can see my problem is the rib at the top.

DSC02.jpg

Hiya

Looking at the photo it looks to have an area on the left of the dent to attach the puller, and as the pullers are fairly cheap to purchase , i personally would try the puller option first.

I recently purchased a couple of these dent pullers from a store called " The Range " at the Brewery Shoping Centre at Romford , they were priced at £2 each , so i gave one to a mate of mine .

It might be worth giving the store a call to see if they have any left, or you can P.M me , and i will check and see if i can get one for you and post it on to you ..... at £2 a pop, its worth a try :thumbsup:

]

DSC02.jpg

Hiya

Looking at the photo it looks to have an area on the left of the dent to attach the puller, and as the pullers are fairly cheap to purchase , i personally would try the puller option first.

I recently purchased a couple of these dent pullers from a store called " The Range " at the Brewery Shoping Centre at Romford , they were priced at £2 each , so i gave one to a mate of mine .

It might be worth giving the store a call to see if they have any left, or you can P.M me , and i will check and see if i can get one for you and post it on to you ..... at £2 a pop, its worth a try :thumbsup:

Here's a picture of the dent puller , hope this helps .

]

DSC02.jpg

Hiya

Here's a picture of the dent puller , hope this helps .

I'll be in touch by pm m8

if that doesnt work remove the rear light and you should be able to gain access to the dint from behind the light, pop it out from inside

if that doesnt work remove the rear light and you should be able to gain access to the dint from behind the light, pop it out from inside

I popped out a few dings over the years simply by throwing water over the area to get suction & using the sink plunger that I had in the house :thumbsup:

Same principle as the puller pictured above.

Good luck with her. :yes:

Managed to pull most of the dent out useing a puller that balli hi sent but as i first thought we could not pull the rib section to any reasonable level, so it seems i may have to use a panel beater but my first contact will dent devils, will keep you posted if any further progress is made, thanks guys for all your help and post on the above.

Hi guys, not had time to pop out with my camera "will do when i get time" but the dents now gone called out dent devils they charged just £87.00 but gave him £90.00 having now used them i can fully recommend their work.

Thanks again for this site and all the replies i received, a merry christmas to one and all.

Managed to get out and take a piccy of the work dent devil did to my vehicle as you can see they have done a really decent job, it was peeing down the day he did the work and charged just £87.00 inc VAT.

Before.

DSC02.jpg

After, light outside today is dull so my vehicle looks more silver, the colour is silver fern.

DSCF3745.jpg

They certainly do a good job :thumbsup: ....................pleased that you have got it sorted out

It is great to see that you have got it all sorted out now.... the help given by the forum members shows great friendship.... what a nice result to what started off as a bad situation :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links