Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sorry But I Need To Pick Some Brains

harddigging

hello all, im running a mk3 hilux with a 3" suspension lift and theres a few questions and queries id like answering if theres any body who can help. shes currently running on mud tyres which i am going to have to change for fuel reasons, allthough i do a fair bit off off roading using her to her full potential like she was ment, she is allso my only motor so she is used more on road than off.

1 what tyres would you recomend?

2 allso what are the biggest tyres that she can sit on remembering shes had a 3" lift? and would i have to adjust the speedo and how?

3 does anybody know the average mpg off the mk3 2.4 non turbo hilux? 4 what are they like to run on vegie oil or any other alternatives?

5 does anybody know the recieps to mix it?

sorry for all the questions but all answers will be appreciated though im not mechanicly minded in the slightest so i may need explaining to like a young child. thankyou in advance.

hello all, im running a mk3 hilux with a 3" suspension lift and theres a few questions and queries id like answering if theres any body who can help. shes currently running on mud tyres which i am going to have to change for fuel reasons, allthough i do a fair bit off off roading using her to her full potential like she was ment, she is allso my only motor so she is used more on road than off.

1 what tyres would you recomend?

2 allso what are the biggest tyres that she can sit on remembering shes had a 3" lift? and would i have to adjust the speedo and how?

3 does anybody know the average mpg off the mk3 2.4 non turbo hilux? 4 what are they like to run on vegie oil or any other alternatives?

5 does anybody know the recieps to mix it?

sorry for all the questions but all answers will be appreciated though im not mechanicly minded in the slightest so i may need explaining to like a young child. thankyou in advance.

1. Definately recommend Kumho KL71s Mud Terrains if you can find anywhere with them in stock - http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=562&vid=1064

2. With a 3" lift you'll be able to get 33s on

3. I'm getting 25mpg on my 2.8 with 33" Kumhos on, i dont think the 2.4 will be much different.

4. Rapeseed oil from Tesco - smells nice! Runs fine, seems a bit smoother and a bit more torque if anything. No difference on top speed or economy though.

5. Half a tank of veg oil tipped in neat, fill the rest up with diesel. Increase the percentage in summer but it more than about 75% veg seems to make the fuel pump leak. Lower the percentage in winter. Veg prices have rocketed though since people cottoned on so unless you have a source of WVO then its probably not worth the mither.

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links