Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mpg Computer Thing

MrVanguard

Hi again

i use the MPG average thing on the car but how acurate is it? and what is the optimum speed for my car is a 998cc wussy engine one

thanks again

Hi again

i use the MPG average thing on the car but how acurate is it? and what is the optimum speed for my car is a 998cc wussy engine one

thanks again

Ive done 1300 miles in my 1.3 yaris and i always fill the tank and work out my mpg (force of habit) and it seems to normally be within a few MPG of what i work it out to, so not 100% accurate but a decent indication.

the mpg isn't too far off, but the range is always out.

The other day I was travelling from Bristol to Exeter, a distance of 70 miles. Left the house with a quarter of a tank, and an indicated 70 miles on the range... plenty to do the 70 mile trip. 10 miles outside Exeter the range suddenly dropped to zero, and the fuel gauge was showing empty. Luckily next junction had a filling station, so filled it up to the top, and it only took 35 litres, meaning there was another 10 litres in the tank. Thats enough fuel to do 100 miles... hehe...

the mpg isn't too far off, but the range is always out.

The other day I was travelling from Bristol to Exeter, a distance of 70 miles. Left the house with a quarter of a tank, and an indicated 70 miles on the range... plenty to do the 70 mile trip. 10 miles outside Exeter the range suddenly dropped to zero, and the fuel gauge was showing empty. Luckily next junction had a filling station, so filled it up to the top, and it only took 35 litres, meaning there was another 10 litres in the tank. Thats enough fuel to do 100 miles... hehe...

When I got my car 2 years ago I would say the average MPG was about 10% inaccurate now its about 3-5% inaccurate but it gives you a good idea.

The range feature I think is not helpful at all and I dont know what it is baded on as it sometimes reads zero when the final bar is not even slowly flashing .

When the light flashes rapidly I find I cant put in more than 36-38 litres which means there was around a gallon in the tank already which could have got me another 55-65 miles but I don't want to risk it. I ran out of fuel in a diesel once and never want to go through that ballache again.

Agreed on the range feature, I was coming back from lancashire to yorkshire a few weeks ago and i had forgotten that i needed to fill up, got just over the brow of the M62 and the range 0 started flashing at me and my trousers went a little brown in the knowledge that the closest petrol staition was at least 15 miles away. Limped to the petrol station in max economy style, got to a petrol station, filled up and could only get 35.99 litres in the tank which left at least 30 miles in the tank, which would have got me home and probably to work the next day!

I assume that the range must get to 0 when there is a gallon left in the tank......Rubbish

Agreed on the range feature, I was coming back from lancashire to yorkshire a few weeks ago and i had forgotten that i needed to fill up, got just over the brow of the M62 and the range 0 started flashing at me and my trousers went a little brown in the knowledge that the closest petrol staition was at least 15 miles away. Limped to the petrol station in max economy style, got to a petrol station, filled up and could only get 35.99 litres in the tank which left at least 30 miles in the tank, which would have got me home and probably to work the next day!

I assume that the range must get to 0 when there is a gallon left in the tank......Rubbish

I guess the feature is deliberately over compensating for the drivers safety but when one can fill the tank with another gallon or so - the feature is preactically useless lol. BRING BACK ANALOGUE DIALS! However I been in a similar situation to you when the fuel light flashes on the M62 and s**t meself as there are not many petrol stations to play around with between Manc and Teesdale where I used to work :) The roads arent exactly flat and the driving experience on the A1 is anything but smooth.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links