Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Repeaters

vitz_1.0

Quick question,

On a 2001 Yaris, how on earth do you remove the side repeater lens in order to gain access to the bulb. Im looking to swap the bulbs over for either silvertech ones or amber LED's.

I have tried to get behind the lens to what looks like a clip, I used a credit card to push the clip back but there seems to be something else holding it in to the wing.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

:thumbsup:

You need to push the whole indicator lens forward or back to unlock it and then you can remove it. They are tight. Also after disconnecting the repeater make sure you keep hold of the wire and tape it to the car body otherwise it will fall back into the wing and it wont be easy to get back out.

Nickp.

Quick question,

On a 2001 Yaris, how on earth do you remove the side repeater lens in order to gain access to the bulb. Im looking to swap the bulbs over for either silvertech ones or amber LED's.

I have tried to get behind the lens to what looks like a clip, I used a credit card to push the clip back but there seems to be something else holding it in to the wing.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

:thumbsup:

Hi, I think some types are desighned not to hve a bulb replaced.. I got smoked side repeaters from a German seller on eBay and they are changable but my own ones seem to be glued/moulded together so need to change as a comlete unit!

They come off the car easily, I think by sliding forward and pulling out one end then t'other till they are off. There is then a set of connecters a way along the wiring, to swap for new ones. As mentioned, be sure not to drop the wiring behind the wing as it will be a pig to fish out!

BTW, I had to trim down the wire connecters for the new ones to fit!!

Hmm I see... I had a good look at the lens and it does seem to be moulded/glued/fixed onto the actual bulb holder. If that is the case then I find it difficult to comprehend tbh. Why on earth would they want you to replace the whole lens and housing rather then just the bulb itself? . Talk about waste of material that can so easily be reused.

I managed to fit a screw driver behind the whole unit and was able to push back a clip but I was applying quite a bit of force and it didnt want to budge. Maybe Im worried that I'll damage it. I shall give it another go see if I can do it.

Hopefully the bulb can be renewed rather than the whole lot.

Cheers for the info

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links