Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will She Or Wont She

Calisto

run the way she should :lol:

This Saturday I am having new Iridium sparks put in, coolant flush and a new lambda sensor fitted. If this doesn't get her running right then, she is running but not as good as she should be....then its back to the drawing board.

In the last 6 months she has had new back disks and pads, oil change numerous times, new rocker cover gasket, brand new alternator, all new filters, induction kit has been cleaned off all crud.....throttle body valve has been thoroughly cleaned and all tubes pressure hosed to clean them, she had a new radiator fitted and her brakes bleed. Since I bought her she had a new cam belt fitted.

Her engine oil comes from Tesco's :P but in no way shape or form should that cause any problems.

The only thing I would like next is a new Battery and HT leads. :D

I am trying my best to look after her and to sort out any niggly problems before the engine goes Ka BOOOOOOM!, no re-conditioned items for me and am trying not to go down the same route as KITT did. :(

I check all my fluid levels on a weekly basis.. :D check tyre pressures once a month.

And she has just hit 80,000 miles today.

What more does she bleedn want from me :rolleyes:

Age is not a problem if its well maintained ;)

Did you use Toyota 4Life with the new radiator?

What is the actual problem? Is it misfiring? checked for oil in the plug wells?

Not miss-firing, just seems a little sluggish at times, sucking in air (I think).

And yeah, the correct fluid was used in the rad.

Problems like these are sometimes difficult to resolve. If your latest attempts do not cure them try:

(i) - Has the ignition timing been checked? With this engine the timing marks can 'appear' to coincide when viewed from above. A more accurate reading can only be done with the oil filter plastic underguard removed and the light/pulleywheel viewed from wheel level.

(ii) - There are a number of post in which timing belts have (allegedly) been replaced oncorrectly with one-notch out. If your belt has been replaced, you may wish to consider this. It can easily be checked. The engine pulley wheel needs to be set to TDC( zero degrees) and the upper timing cover removed to see if both cam marks line up.

Both of these have a direct effect on 'throttle response'.

Timing is bob on, so that can eliminate that,

New Battery has been fitted, coolant changed (using Toyota 4life) the new sparks put in, so far so good.

Lambda getting put on next weekend and then I am expecting her to be back to normal.

If you want her to run like a new car... you should have bought one :P

its the attention and care and maintenance that keeps these beasties on the road and purring... get used to it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Engine is sound as a pound, running like a dream....next it's new tyres.

Toyo's or Yoko's?

Then during the summer the paint work will be getting sorted. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Kumho's............ they kept my supra on the road... FACT!!!!! it was the crappy michelin pilots that put it in a ditch!!

Well I have just purchased 4 spanking new tyres....toyo proxys TR-1's.

£236 all in.

Me is a happy bunny. :P

Thats a well good price!

That's what I thought :D most of their tyres are half price at the moment.

My Toyo's were put on yesterday evening.....and they are fab.

She feels so much more stuck to the tarmac, even in the rain!!!!

Toyo's all the for me in future.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links