Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Audio Upgrade Questions

glen_jai

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and have some questions regarding the fitment of a new stereo into my wife's T-sport.

I am looking to have either a single or double DIN stereo fitted so that I can hook it up to an amp using the a pre-out.

I understand that the existing stereo has no pre-out.

Anyone tried using a high-to-low level convertor on the standard stereo, and hooking it up to an amp? If so, what was the quality like?

Are there any wiring adapters and facia plates required when changing the existing stereo for an aftermarket one?

I have also heard from a car audio shop that plates are required when fitting upgraded Speakers into the doors. Any advice on whether this is necessary?

I'd be grateful for any advice or comments.

Many thanks,

Glen

Hello Glen, might be worth asking the boys over in the Corrola section on here as they know a fair bit about upgrading Toyota's! :)

I'd be interested in finding out an answer for this too as a friend of mine mentioned something about upgrading the sound in his actually.

I know absolutely nothing about these such things :(

Hi Glen,

The existing stereo has no pre-outs unfortunatly but a single din CD plater fits below it in the empty space!

Door Speakers can be up to 17cm and a spacer is used so that they do not hit the glass from the window when the window is down and also the stock Speakers are only 13cms so mounts can be incorperated in the spacers!

Hope this helps!

Adam

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links