Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buzzing Above 4,000 Rpm?

z-tune-z2

New to the forum here, soon to own a 1.5L TS!

Test drove one today and pretty impressed, it's going to be my second car, I'm pretty young and needed some more insight to this car.

Basically, every time I passed 4,000 rpm, whatever the gear, I got this high pitched buzzing sound, much like a bee coming from the right hand side of the steering wheel. Changed gear, got up to 4,000 and it would buzz again.

Is this associated with any known problems? Thanks.

Also if the information is needed, it's a 2005 Yaris 1.5L T Sport 3 door with only 23,180 miles on the odo.

Thanks again!

Dont know of any probs with buzzing on T sports. Poss just something behind the dash vibrating/rattle causing the noise?

Quite hard to say without hearing it though.

T Sports are nice little cars - would own one myself.

Mart.

Hah, finally a reply! :P

It could be a general problem across the entire range, but it just so happened that it happened in a T Sport.

I admit it could be general rattling and whatnot, but the sound didn't change gradually at different speeds/ revs. It would suddenly appear and remain once you hit 4,000 rpm and above. Happens each gear too.

I was wondering if it was related to the VVT kicking in or whatever, but I'm not particularly familiar on the system.

Also it sounds almost electronic too as opposed to a build quality issue.

Strange but, as said before its very hard to try and diagnose noises/rattles etc without driving/hearing it sorry :)

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links