Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Reverse Light Problem

CUTEUKM786

HEY

I GOT PROBLEM WITH MY YARIS, WHEN I START UP THE CAR AND PUT IN REVERSE GEAR, THE REVERSE LIGHT COMES ON, HOWEVER WHEN I DRIVE IT AROUND FOR ABOUT 10-15MINS, I ENGAGE THE REVERSE GEAR AND THE REVERSE LIGHT FAILS TO LIGHT UP :( CAN ANY 1 HELP ME PLZZ??? THIS SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

HEY

I GOT PROBLEM WITH MY YARIS, WHEN I START UP THE CAR AND PUT IN REVERSE GEAR, THE REVERSE LIGHT COMES ON, HOWEVER WHEN I DRIVE IT AROUND FOR ABOUT 10-15MINS, I ENGAGE THE REVERSE GEAR AND THE REVERSE LIGHT FAILS TO LIGHT UP :( CAN ANY 1 HELP ME PLZZ??? THIS SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

Suggest you replace the reverse lamp switch in the gearbox.

You have changed the bulb first ???? Just in case.

R

Yeah, changed the bulb, the bulb holder and the fuse Lol so it looks like its going to be a job for the garage man i guess if the problem is that :( will the engine have to be taken apart to get to the gear box??

Yeah, changed the bulb, the bulb holder and the fuse Lol so it looks like its going to be a job for the garage man i guess if the problem is that :( will the engine have to be taken apart to get to the gear box??

No, if it is the reverse switch then that can be done with engine/gearbox still in car. It just unplugs and unscrews out of gearbox casing.

Mart.

Sounds like a faulty electrical contact to me... Often things like this hapen as the wiring warms, then a dry joint opens up. When cool, it shrinks/closes again, making it work properly.

Where do you think this faulty joint is :( the actual main wire that connects to the reverse light?

Mat be, as they may be open to rough conditions.. May also be where it makes contact when you put it into gear as this area may get warm as car warms up. Remember, this is a guess so dont pull things to bits without checking easy things first!

It might be worth getting someont to observe the light, whist you wiggle the wiring (car electrics on, engine OFF, in reverse) to see if light goes on/off! Even ask Toyota if they have seen this problem as they may give you a better starting point!

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links