Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Turbo?

TokeTillDeath420

Just posted a previous topic... on a bad heat shield. Ive posted a lot lately, cause i havnt been home in 3 years(but its ben started once a month) so, i have time to fix it. I took the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler off, as well as from the intercooler to the Throttle body. and there's a little but of smudge on the inside all of the pipes. But where the silicon connects the turbo to the pipe(on the turbo side, didnt take the silicon off), i saw a little pile of oil?? This just means the turbos seals went bad?? or is this normal? Any ideas? If the seals are bad is it easy to change?? I already have the Turbo heat shield off, The pipes, the head cover, BOV, and the EGR. To change the turbo seals you just have to take the turbine off?? or everything under the heat shield...? Any help would be nice!

if its only a small amount of oil then its ok, its just the vapour that vents through the PCV system.

as long as there is no smoke when driving the car is should be fine. another test is take the car for a hard drive then allow to idle for about 10mins if it starts smoking then the seals are on their way.

changing the seals isnt really a diy ob and your best getting a recon unit. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links