Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Bottom Hose Cold

caseking

Hi every one

new to site have a problem with heater on my car no heat coming from blower on full. Changed themostat found the one fitted had been jammed open with piece of metal so no hot water running cold all time. Fitted new stat filled up with anti freeze run up heater works fine but bottom hose dead cold. took out new stat and test it ok.any help appaciated. can not understand why any body would jam thermostat open with a peice of metal?

HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME ONE SOON

CASEKING

Hi every one

new to site have a problem with heater on my car no heat coming from blower on full. Changed themostat found the one fitted had been jammed open with piece of metal so no hot water running cold all time. Fitted new stat filled up with anti freeze run up heater works fine but bottom hose dead cold. took out new stat and test it ok.any help appaciated. can not understand why any body would jam thermostat open with a peice of metal?

HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME ONE SOON

CASEKING

Sounds like your water pump may be dead. If you are getting the inlet hot and outlet cold it isn't circulating properly, which can damage your engine. Have you tried manually pumping your pipes (take radiator cap off, start engine, let warm up, trickle warm water into radiator and pump the hot and cold pipes with hand, continue to top up as needed) ?

Strange as you are getting hot air through vents though so sounds more like a blockage personally.

I had a similar problem with a vw polo (awfull car) once and a previous motorbike. The polo problem was no more than trapped air in the system and the bike was the same.

I would do what malpass says, it may just be a blockage or air in it's system. ;)

I had a similar problem with a vw polo (awfull car) once and a previous motorbike. The polo problem was no more than trapped air in the system and the bike was the same.

I would do what malpass says, it may just be a blockage or air in it's system. ;)

took car to toyota dealer he said should be like that took thermostat out again to see if it was opening it was working ok been a service engineer for 34 years never known this before only when thermostat stuck open?letting water circulate without warming engine first? cannot understand why original thermostat was damaged like it was?.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links