Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Valuation

ArthurPewty

Hiya people...

i think the time has come to part ex the T Sport :crybaby:

I have asked over the phone for a p/ex estimate from Mr.T against a used 07 plate Yaris T3 D~4D at a cost of £8000, i know that i have high mileage possibly the highest mileage of any member here ;) of 153k!!...it is in average condition i guess but i was offered just £1000 for my TS!

I don't know, but i thought that was a bit low and i would imagine that it would sell at auction for between £1500 ~ £2000,

i was just wondering what you all think, am i being too optimistic or what?

Any replies would be good, thanks in advance :D

You do have exceptionally high mileage, which will be your main hindrance in getting a good px price.

Parkers reckon a 2001 reg T-Sport (not sure how old yours is) is valued as follows

Toyota Yaris T Sport (01-06)

1. 1.5 VVT-i 3d Change

2. 2001/X Change

3. Average mileage: 70,000 miles

4. Adjust for mileage and options

No options selected

Original Priced £11,995

Independent Dealer £3,040

Private Good £2,725

Private Poor £2,235

Part Exchange £2,440

Bear in mind though, you have over double the mileage so you can more or less half the part exchange price - try and barter with them for £1,250 but I can't see you getting £1,500 unless you were spending an obscene amount of money with them on a new car.

Remember also, that dealerships are suffering with the economic climate and will not be offering the best price on part exchange as people just aren't buying cars at the moment - maybe now's not the best time to part-exchange?

yeah i can understand that ...thank you...i would only ever part ex it because it has been used for driving tuition i dont want any comebacks so part ex is my best option.

Cheers :D

You may be better off selling it private Arthur.

There won't be any comebacks if you sell the car on a "sold as seen" basis. You don't have to give any warranties or guarantees on a private sale. £1k is a little low but then again it's the dealers prices as usual :rolleyes:

Personally, i would rather buy a high mileage car with FSH, than a low mileage one with no history. Don't know how much history your's has but even with that kind of mileage, you should easy get at least £1500 on a private sale.

Good luck. ;)

Hehe Arthur had to comment you, seen your Tsport around Cardiff all the time, and im about to sell my yaris 51 plate hoping for 3000 with 71,000 on the clock so try and haggle 1250 as previously said, part exing doesnt bring in as much as private sale ever.

it has been used for driving tuition

i'm sure i have seen you out and about round cardiff, i learnt with a silver yaris 1.3 and was eternally jealous of people learning in a TS lol.

Hey...TSyarisman and YGS... give me a flash and a wave when you see me next...what colours and models are your cars?

Unfortunately i wont be in my beloved TS...it has gone :crybaby: but i will be in a Ixion blue corolla next time you see me! (unless someone manages to do something nasty to it)

Yeah the TS went on friday p/ex'd it and was offered £1500 for it from toyota world bridgend...and i have to say it was probably the best service i have ever had from any main dealer.

If anyone is interested in a new toyota go see a guy called John Flavel, the salesman that i bought from...a really good down to earth guy that doesnt want to sell you something you dont want. Really the whole experience of buying there was a good one...well done "Toyota World Bridgend"

Anyway people, see you around soon :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links