Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Discs & Pads?

Raeman

Hi there everyone and a happy new year :D :D (sorry it's a bit late) :rolleyes:

Anyway, i need some help and advice. Basically my car needs some new front discs & pads. Been ringing around today and was told that there are 2 sizes of discs 235 and 255mm and also 2 different sizes of pads?? :huh:

My car is a 2000 (W) 1.3sr with ABS.

Any ideas please??

Cheers.m ;)

Get a tape measure out and measure the OD of the discs. It will most likely be the 235 as the 1.8 would have the larger ones, but its not always the case.

Ok, that's confused me a little... :huh:

I was told by a motor factor that the sr has 255mm discs so i was checking here first (good job i did'nt buy them!!)

Thanks for clearing that up anyway fellas. ;)

Now the problem lies in the pads, i was told that there's 2 different kinds for our SR's, one being Bosch callipers and i can't remember the other name he mentioned, also one set of pads is for non ABS and the other for ABS???

So basically, i need a set of 235mm discs, and what are decent pads to mate them with? Do EBC for example make them for the SR?

Got intouch with the stealers and got quoted £55.20 each for the discs & £23.09 for the pads!! :o

As you can imagine, it will pain me to take it to them when i can do the job myself, and not being a tightubik but i'd rather just buy some from somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply's btw. ;)

depends on your tire/wheel size, one suggestion id like to make, i got *high performance* breaks as the garage called them on my Tsport had them about 8/9 months ago and ive been using them alot being a young driver, and they are still going strong im amazed at how long they are lasting even though ive used them as much as i have, so i would suggest a pair of them but quote them up they cost me around 80 pound which is 60 pound more than normal but well worth it as they last much much longer and work much much better wet or dry.

The wheels on my Sr are the 15" multispokes (standard)

Am i correct in thinking that the Sr shares the same size wheel/tyres as the T-sport? so should take the same discs & pads?? :huh:

If there the same then i have more options to fit performance brakes. :D

T sport wheels take 185/55R15 tyres as standard and SR's are 195/50R15 as standard!

If you go on the EBC website you can get a set of performace pads for the SR for £45. Discs are definally 235mm and you want Bosch with ABS pads.

T sport wheels take 185/55R15 tyres as standard and SR's are 195/50R15 as standard!

If you go on the EBC website you can get a set of performace pads for the SR for £45. Discs are definally 235mm and you want bosch with ABS pads.

Cheers buddy, big help that!! :yahoo:

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links