Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For Those Who Have/had Problems With Brake Noise/squeaking

Lucie

car back in today for the second time to grease the brakes up because of the squeaking. they say theres nothing else they can do because theres no major issues at toyota over complaints.so until there is they wont do a recall. they are going to put a notice into toy about it as they say toy wont keep paying them to grease my brakes(no wonder considering what they charge!). the issue being that until others complain there isnt much they can do. but how many of you out there have this problem but because the noise doesnt bother u to much you dont take the car in? there maybe issues but if no one complains then obviously they wont know about it. so just a request for those with issues to let toy know because nothing can be done until ppl say something. other than that stop me b4 i ever buy a toyota again. 2 yaris and exactly the same problem on both. cant just be bad luck. my old fiat never had a thing wrong with it.

I used "stick-on rubberised"type anti-squeal backing for the pads & I've had no problems since.

Available from most "down to earth" motor factors or online. (& not too expensive.) :thumbsup:

Or you could try using some different brake pads? That might solve your headache!! ;)

toyota wont put new ones on. and im certainly not paying them to do it. maybe when it goes in for the third time ill say i want that doing but not sure what difference it will make after all they use the same pads

toyota wont put new ones on. and im certainly not paying them to do it. maybe when it goes in for the third time ill say i want that doing but not sure what difference it will make after all they use the same pads

I know alot of people shudder at the thought of "Kwik Fit" :!Removed!: but if you get them to fit your pads they offer a lifetime guarantee (For aslong as you own the car they are fitted to.) Even when they wear out the replace them free of charge ! :yes:

I had a set put in an old carina & had them in for five & a half years, & if they started squealing they fixed them there & then free of charge. :thumbsup:

Not been for a while but I presume they still offer the same guarantee? :unsure:

I can fully understand you not wanting to pay anymore, and rightly so imo. :angry:

Maybe just bite the bullet and buy some different pads of a different make, EBC or so and pay a local garage to fit them (won't be a lot) or better still fit them yourself as it's not difficult to do.

All the pads i have changed on cars & bikes i have allways coated the back's of the pads with plenty of "Copper slip grease" and never had any squeeling even on 20yr old machines.

Good luck with it. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links