Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Hesitant In Low Gear. Judder Like But Not Quite.

Seventy One

I have recently purchased a Yaris 1.3 T3 Automatic (56 plate). So far I have been delighted with most aspects of the car but I am having some trouble with:-

1. Cold start makes the vehicle hesitant, particularly when approaching a corner a few metres away from home, having to stop, then moving off again. The engine seems to jerkily move forward as if it cannot quite make the required next change up. True, the weather is averaging -2 around here and -5 overnight so this could have something to do with it.

2. Again, not quite so cold; moving off from a series of roundabouts and traffic lights a little further away; the car appears to be excessively slow and hesitant; then the auto change up takes over and all is fine. But once she has covered a mile or two she seems to settle down and the previously mentioned problems do not re-occur.

Some of this I put down to inexperience with the multi mode gearbox having only had full automatics in the past, however, seeing all the comments on Judder (most of which seem to be with manual gearboxes) I wondered if the Automatic suffered similar problems because Judder seems a good word to describe my troubles.

If some kind person could assess these notes and advise, I would be most grateful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links