Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rospa

Rolla_SR

Hi There...

... was wondering if anyone on here was RoSPA qualified as I really want to do the advance driving course and will appreciate any advice on where to start or if you guys know anyone that does tuition for the test, please PM me or something...

Many Thanks

Miles

How do I start?

Anyone who holds a full driving licence can become an advanced driver.

The RoSPA Test is regarded as one of the most challenging tests of its type, a proud achievement for anyone.

We recommend that you receive training in preparation for the test.

How to receive training

RoSPA has over 50 local groups available to provide free advice and advanced training in preparation for your test

The Groups

Groups have volunteer tutors; they have all passed the advanced test themselves at a high grade and have also been trained and assessed in order to meet the requirements to provide training for the advanced test. They will all be registered tutors with RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders. Some approved tutors may have also undertaken further training in advanced driving instruction and have become advanced tutors. They also take retests every three years so you can be sure that you will receive a high level of training.

What happens when I join a group?

As a new member wishing to receive training you will be assigned to one of the group's tutors. You will both agree a convenient training session, usually weekly or fortnightly lasting for 1-2 hours.

As a new member you will use your own vehicle to receive training and the tutors will give you guidance and advice. The sessions are free and there is no limit to the number of lessons you are given. The groups are fully aware that everybody learns at a different pace and a training programme will be developed that best suits you.

Training will continue at a steady pace until your tutor feels that you are ready for the test. Once you have passed your test the training and guidance through the local group will continue because we feel that a good driver never stops learning and skills need to be developed to keep up with today’s ever changing traffic conditions.

If you wish to take a RoSPA Advanced Test, you can contact a local group in your area or if you feel you are ready to take the test then you can download an application form.

Test Fees*

Advanced Driving Test (Car) £48

Advanced Driving Test (LGV and PCV) £60

Advanced Riding Test £54

Once you have completed the Advanced Test you will automatically become a Member of RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders.

Membership is subject to an annual fee of £20 and a re-test every three years (this is free of charge to members, however, re-test fees are applicable should you miss your re-test date for any reason). In return, you will enjoy a range of membership benefits.

Thanks Raistlin,

I'll be sure to find a local group in lincolnshire when I go back this weekend!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links