Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speeds Humps

Pat2u

Went out today travelled about 32 miles to an estate with a lot of very high speed humps, Due to having breakable gear in the back load area thought i would go very slowly over the humps with low revs "just above tickover" after about 3/4 mile over theses humps at low revs i arrived at the address i was looking for only to hear my car an avensis deisel T180 tourer sounding very lumpy and high revving when i stopped, i gave the car some more revs but when it came to rest the revs and noise was still apparent, we unloaded the vehicle and had a quick brew about 15 mins in all, then set off for home the vehicle ran as normal and sounds ok now its home.

Anyone have any ideas what may have caused the car to act this way ?

If your fuel level was fairly low it is possible that the bumps caused the diesel to slosh around dragging some air in, this will cause the engine to surge, once you're on level ground it will self bleed and settle down.

If your fuel level was fairly low it is possible that the bumps caused the diesel to slosh around dragging some air in, this will cause the engine to surge, once you're on level ground it will self bleed and settle down.

Near full tank, filled up for the trip, thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Near full tank, filled up for the trip, thanks for the reply.

Took my car into the dealers today and they took 3 hours to give the car a good look at it seems the noise was from the exhaust they re-positioned it and fitted a new sprokit and gasket "whatever that is" it seems the exhaust on low tickover revs was making the thing viabrate on the floor of my car, all seems well at the moment will have to wait now for a few weeks to see if we have a cure.

PS

whats a sprokit ? I always thought they was teeth for a chain to run on.

:offtopic: Hi Pat. I couldn't find the topic in which we were discussing Diabetes.

I went to the Police to see if there was a standard form for notifying the Licencing Authorities. There wasn't, but in their opinion it was much more important that I inform my Insurance Company.

My policy was renewed on 1st of Jan, so when I rang my broker they simply rang the Company , who weren't too worried. They said that they would note it on the Policy & about 6 weeks before the next renewal would request a Medical report.

I have 2 years left on a 10 year licence, so when I rang the Authority, the girl on the other end had to ask her Superior. Answer was, "You are ok for the 2 years, & when reapplying, send in a Medical Cert & we will give you a 3 year licence"

Thanks for the advice a while ago :thumbsup:

:offtopic: Hi Pat. I couldn't find the topic in which we were discussing Diabetes.

I went to the Police to see if there was a standard form for notifying the Licencing Authorities. There wasn't, but in their opinion it was much more important that I inform my Insurance Company.

My policy was renewed on 1st of Jan, so when I rang my broker they simply rang the Company , who weren't too worried. They said that they would note it on the Policy & about 6 weeks before the next renewal would request a Medical report.

I have 2 years left on a 10 year licence, so when I rang the Authority, the girl on the other end had to ask her Superior. Answer was, "You are ok for the 2 years, & when reapplying, send in a Medical Cert & we will give you a 3 year licence"

Thanks for the advice a while ago :thumbsup:

no probs m8 they are not so bothered as long as they are informed before hand, which covers you as much as them as insurers. glad to have been of some help to you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links