Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Overheat

edzai

Hello .. I am new on this forum. I have toyota mr2 1991 model twin entry turbo.

The problem i have is : The car start doin overheat.

When i drive slow i mean like on 30 - 40 mph and i turn heaters hot air comes in ... but when i drive fast heat becomes cold and car start overheating.. Please can some one help me what the problem could be..

I took it to local garage, and the guy started from ecsoze to headgasget and told me its gonna cost me arroun £1000 pound to fix .. That dont make sense isnt..

I know i am not mechanic but this problem could be from radiotor .. Please some pro mechanic advise me someting about this problem

Thanks

Hello .. I am new on this forum. I have toyota mr2 1991 model twin entry turbo.

The problem i have is : The car start doin overheat.

When i drive slow i mean like on 30 - 40 mph and i turn heaters hot air comes in ... but when i drive fast heat becomes cold and car start overheating.. Please can some one help me what the problem could be..

I took it to local garage, and the guy started from ecsoze to headgasget and told me its gonna cost me arroun £1000 pound to fix .. That dont make sense isnt..

I know i am not mechanic but this problem could be from radiotor .. Please some pro mechanic advise me someting about this problem

Thanks

I have the exact opposit problem(91 turbo), when i drive normal it gets a little warm, but when i put the throttle down, temp goes down. I dont know about the heat thing, cause my heater controls broken. Im about to change the thermostat, and inspect the water pump. Im not 100% sure, but if your headgasket was gone, i THINK youd be able to look up from the bottom and see a slight bit of oil coming from the head. Thats what ive seen from pictures at least. Im sure someone could let you know for sure. In the US, from Toyota it cost 1,050$ in Labor, and 90$ for parts. So maybe 1000L is a little expensive , dont know how things are there though. Sorry couldnt help more.

That dont make sense isnt..

I wholeheartedly agree. :)

Check the water pump, thermostat and radiator cap. Flush the system and check for air locks. Check that you are not using/losing water.

Failing that for headgasket check for mayonaise type residue in the oil filler cap, the garage should have been able to perform a "sniffer test" to help diagnose headgasket. Ckeck for lots of white smoke out of the exhaust.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links