Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Seen ?

Bizarra

For no reason whatsoever, it dawned on me today that I hadn't seen any cars with the 2 strips hanging from the rear & touching the road, supposedly to get rid of static electricity & prevent travel sickness ;)

Did it ever work, or was it just an urban myth which has faded away? :rolleyes:

I remember this in the 60's and then again, I think, in the 80's or early 90's :unsure:

Some people bought those professional earthing strips and the cheapskates used to use a piece of lightweight chain :lol:

I always used to think it was a myth and I still do even though very rarely I get a static shock off some cars :angry:

Dont think they worked as they wore out and eventually didnt actually reach the road!

My God how right you are. I am sure they have only recently disappeared, and I think I know the reason. With the increase in cost of fuel in recent years, drivers do not want any devices on their cars that increase the friction between vehicle and road !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links