Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hey Everyone

.Lynx

Hey everyone, Just got myself a 1990 MR2 GT so I thought i'd come join the forums. I've always wanted one but could never get the insurance. I traded my Mondeo ST24 for the MR2 and some cash and I must say I don't think i'm ever going to regret it.

Seeing as a lot of you have modded cars I was just wondering where I could get a few things and if they would look ok.

First off this is the car...

dsc00053ft0.jpg

w320.png

dsc00065lz0.jpg

w320.png

Not the best pictures in the world but it's all I have at the mo, she needed a bit of TLC and I've found some rust that the previous owner didn't catch. The car came with a bodykit which I like the look of and I was hoping when I can afford a turbo'd one the kit and bits can go on that and this one can go back to standard.

Only have a pic of the front bumper.

dsc00074su5.jpg

w320.png

It has 15" Dotz rims, which I dont like very much

DOTZ-CHRONOS-17-INCH_tw200_th200.jpg

So yeah...just some general advice on what I could do I guess, I cant seem to find a rim that suits the car and its colour at the same time. Also do you think its wise to keep all my standard parts so when I do get my GT Turbo I can use everything i've bought?

Thanks,

Tom

Welcome to the club.

I saw this MR2 and body kit bits on eBay last week. I'm guessing you are the winning bidder.

Was there a reason you didnt buy a Turbo in the first place?

If you plan to get a tubby soonish then I suggest you save the Border bodykit for that.

Can I ask what the piller pods display on your MR2 or are they just for show?

It was my friend who had the car on eBay and was looking for a new car and I happened to be selling my ST so we worked out a deal, its my first MR2 and I wasn't 100% sure I'd like it and I don't like it, I LOVE it lol. I'm 21 and the insurance on the normal GT is £800 TP fire and theft with 4 years no claims, so theres a few reasons I didn't jump straight into a turbo. I'll take your advice on the kit and save it I might just try and find a nicer set of rims and run her how she is.

The pillar dials are Volts, preasure and temp, he put them in for show I think.

Hey everyone, Just got myself a 1990 MR2 GT so I thought i'd come join the forums. I've always wanted one but could never get the insurance. I traded my Mondeo ST24 for the MR2 and some cash and I must say I don't think i'm ever going to regret it.

Seeing as a lot of you have modded cars I was just wondering where I could get a few things and if they would look ok.

First off this is the car...

dsc00053ft0.jpg

w320.png

dsc00065lz0.jpg

w320.png

Not the best pictures in the world but it's all I have at the mo, she needed a bit of TLC and I've found some rust that the previous owner didn't catch. The car came with a bodykit which I like the look of and I was hoping when I can afford a turbo'd one the kit and bits can go on that and this one can go back to standard.

Only have a pic of the front bumper.

dsc00074su5.jpg

w320.png

It has 15" Dotz rims, which I dont like very much

DOTZ-CHRONOS-17-INCH_tw200_th200.jpg

So yeah...just some general advice on what I could do I guess, I cant seem to find a rim that suits the car and its colour at the same time. Also do you think its wise to keep all my standard parts so when I do get my GT Turbo I can use everything i've bought?

Thanks,

Tom

These wheels will suit guy wants £200, jap 3 piece split rims

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110339133773

Thanks, they look nice, might have to ask him about them, do you know what they are called when bought new? I could only find ones like this.

ACE07184.jpg

Welcome Tom.. I like the colour! Definitely keep hold of the standard parts so you can swap bits over if you get a turbo.

Enjoy your '2!

Ollie

Sky Insurance (& MR2 owner!)

Good Afternoon Tom....welcome to TOC.

Keep hold of everything....sooner or later they may come in handy again. :D

I'll definitely remember to keep hold of everything lol I was looking on the web last night for a turbo'd one and the ones i saw were quite expensive, now I don't know if I should just run this one for a while and put the kit on it. Unless I just happened to stumble across some people selling them quite high lol. I've only had it for 6 days and im hooked! I'll definitely be getting another one at some point, this one has shown its age more than some of the others I've seen on the web.

Dont forget its 19 years old!!!

Stick with the non turbo for a bit and learn how it handles.

Had mine for 7 years and it still puts a smile on my face, esp on a summers day with the T-Bar glass out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links