Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie And Help/advice Please

Toyotaruss

Hi all,

after a night of too much wine and messing about on eBay I decided to bid for a black 1991 MR2, I thought I won't win but I have! Very pleased so far.. Anyway.....

I bid £800 for it, it's done 122k and has a full service history and had a new gear box. When I went to collect it, it wasn't as good as described, the power sterring does not seem to work as it's so heavy and part of the bottom of the car is flapping about, I presume it's a cover or something, will jack it up tomorrow and have a look. The guy knocked of £200 so I've paid £600 for it and it's taxed and tested until June.

I am concerned why the power sterring isn't working, are there any known faults? Apart from this is drives well, pulls very strongly and the engine sounds brand new, going to spend some time on it tomorrow and give it a good going over. Anything you recommend I check when I go over it? I've had a celica before so know a little.

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers,

Russell

Does the power steering light come on?

It might not have powered steering as it was an extra on the early ones.

I had a leak in my power steering rack, and it was a little hard to turn. If it is the rack, try to find a used one, 950$ from toyota! =-O

No power steering light, the guy whol sold it to me says it had power steering. I'm going to look at relay/fluid today. Does anyone know what relay the pump is?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links