Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Advice Please

robbo516

Ive just been offered this car:

93 L reg Black GT T-Bar(UK)

rev.1 with revised rear geometry!

15" wheels

4yrs service history

leather int.

k&n +original setup

SS exhaust

100k miles

its had new radiator

new 2nd gear!!!

power steering has been sorted

only driven when its dry, garaged if wet

£3000

what are your oppinions on this car guys???

any advice would be helpful to me as this will be the first one ive been to see since activly joining the MR2 hunt.

cheers, Mike.

93 L reg Black GT T-Bar(UK)

rev.1 with revised rear geometry!

????? :blink:

rev1 with revised rear geometry ?? what ?

doesn't make sense to me.

thats what i assumed he meaant by itmate!!!

what u lot reckon then??? good price or what?

what should i be looking out for on a 93 car?

Mike.

Well for a start if it's a 93 car it will be a Rev 3 - I think he's confused by the revisions, but as long as the year is correct, that's all that matters. You can confirm this by checking the date on the seatbelts, and the chasis number. You need a HPI check too to ensure it is what it says it is etc. WHen you see it, check for crash damage etc. and gauge the cars general condition by the way it looks/drives etc. It is helpful to drive a few different MR2's though, so you can be sure you;re not buying a lemon.

If the car is in as good condition as implied by the advert, it sounds like an absolute steal at the price. With regular servicing 100K is not a bad milage at all, with 4 years Service history, looks like its been cared for.

revised read geometry...

Think it could concern the suspension.

Suspension settings modified to meet the "safer" rev2+ (or 3 unsure) spec's. :unsure:

Tho as Dame says i suspect this to be a rev3. plate for a start, but also the 15" wheels (rev1 had 14).

-Z

Can you change the rear suspension on a rev 1 to make it safe? I'm thinking the mistake is that its a Rev1.

100k miles

its had new radiator

new 2nd gear!!!

power steering has been sorted

Cant be a 93?!?!?

Can you change the rear suspension on a rev 1 to make it safe?

Yep, im pretty sure that the settings can be modified to miror the rev3, also the cars an L reg, can't see it being a rev1 w. that plate?

Revised rear geometry could mean that he has installed topmounts with adjustable rear camber? This would be quite handy as the camber cannot be altered on MR2s only the toe-in. Maybe thats what he means?

Revised rear geometry could mean that he has installed topmounts with adjustable rear camber? This would be quite handy as the camber cannot be altered on MR2s only the toe-in. Maybe thats what he means?

camber can't be altered on 2's!?

didnt know that m8!

-Z

It could be that the ad is pointing out the revised suspension between rev 1 and 3, though the change was from rev 1 - 2. Definately not a Rev 1 on a L plate, it can't be! Maybe a rev 2 if registered very late.....

:wacko: my brain has just gone to mush after reading all that!!!!!

i though rev 1 were the first of the mark2s and the ones that were before the newest mr-2/s thing was a rev 3????

hopefully im going to look at it on saturday, what are the price-knocker-downers on an mr2???

its all so much to take in when its written in a paragraph!!!

;) can i be cheeky and ask for bullet points please!!!

cheers again everyone.#

Mike.

3k is very cheap for a 93 plate !!

It's either advertised wrong or it's <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed !.... :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links