Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

350 Bhp?

madmatt77

Hi guys the mods to my Rev 2 Mr2 are as follows:

MR2 GT Turbo 1993 (Rev 2)

Turbo smart blow off valve

uprated intercooler

Exeedy redbox clutch

255 uprated fuel pump

sard pressure regulator

Blitz boost controller

blitz turbo timer

Hks induction kit

SS exhaust system

de cat downpipe

Really want to get this up to 350 bhp

So what else should i do to get to this? or pretty near it

Go on lads go wild!!

I'm sure it would be hard to drive at that BHP!

n00b... :lol:

If you havnt already, your going to need to look at ECUs and possibly a turbo upgrade.

Im not so hot with Rev2's, but i dont think the CT26 will see you up to those levels, the CT20 from the Rev3+ can, but will be reaching its limits. Personally when i get to that point im going to be looking at a GT28/GT30 or something along those lines

ECU, you really need something as it is to start helping with your supporting mods, GReddy eManage should see you through, but personally id save a bit more and perhaps get a complete replacement Link ECU or something, this will give a huge world of difference and make life loads easier at getting to your goal.

Everything Rob said plus...

Being a Rev2 i would advise head gasket change cos they aint the metal type like rev3+,

Depending on how you intend to drive it and how long you want it to last, you might want to think about forged internals too...

Failing that just chuck a huge amount of Nos at it n go nuts with!!!.

PS,,,Fao Andy.....Ghey!! lol :)

Mo

yeah forgot that, pistons are about on their limit at that sort of power, rods should be good for a bit more though :)

Also the fuel system is getting to breaking point and apart from what you have done it think you may need larger injectors to ensure enough juice can get in (but dont quote me on that)

Ill probably be back in a bit when i remember something else :lol:

Oh.... make sure the brakes are able to cope too ;) Uprated pads, disks, lines and 5.1 fluid withough fail!

Uprated my brakes to drilled and grooved discs all round, along with mintex pads.

5.1 fluid, whats this? havent heard of that? also any recommendations for my service what i should get changed as she is due to get done in a few days!!

So if i went along the lines of bigger turbo, ie ct20 with forged internals or something and an apexi power fc, and maybe a manifold would that see me near that llusive figure?

Brake fluid has a 'DOT' rating, based on boiling temperature of the fluid.

Harder braking creates more heat and warrants the need for fluid that can cope, as boiling = gas = brake fade, loss of effectiveness or complete faliure if your really unlucky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_5.1

With those mods i think a realistic 325bhp will be easily acheiveable with the CT20 turbo, id still rather go for a GT28, as a CT20 will be working VERY hard, while a GT28 will be in its ideal working range.

• 2 weeks later...

I've the MR2 turbo in the RAV. After the rolling road check, the next step is the ecu - I had tried to get an Apexi D-jetro for it but these aren't made anymore and I looked at websites all over the place with no luck.

Now we're going down the route of an e-manage. After that, the CT26 will be changed out.....by which time the pistons or more probably the transmission will be working at a stretch. The RAV4 gearbox etc is good for about 350bhp. Already got a competition clutch fitted. Dunno what the MR2 gearbox is like?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links