Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1 Week With The Iq2 - My Thoughts.....

Brassik

Hey there!

well, 1 week in with my little white terror and here are my initial thoughts so far:

- I love the general feel and look of this car.....definitely pleased with my purchase! it has a really nice build quality and a nice "solid" feel to everything.

I really don't understand what the reviews were getting at when they complained about cheap feeling interior....unless I'm missing something and very soon it starts to fall apart, I'm very impressed so far (but then I have come from the Aygo, which is quite budget by comparison in feel)

- the gear shift is immense! it's got a great feel to it to....much more direct feeling than the great wafting paddle on the Aygo! It reminds me of the beauty I had on my old Lupo Gti (the one thing I really missed about that car when I went for the Aygo originally)

- I love all the little odds and sods.....definitely recommend everyone interested in this car goes for the IQ2 - OK, it costs a fair whack more but it makes the transition from Aygo to IQ seem much more pronounced....the auto lights/windscreen wipers are a dream! I had a frosty windscreen this morning, and the wipers didn't kick in until the window was fully defrosted (not sure how the car knew not to use them and wreck them with ice!) but very impressed by this. I also love the rear view mirror.....little touches like this may make you more lazy, but damn they're fun and great to impress people with.

- Smart entry - just brilliant! being able to keep my keys safely in my pocket (and also not having them slamming around by the wheel when driving) is brilliant, love it.

- fuel consumption - well, I've driven one week (albeit very carefully) and I've used 1 bar on the fuel gauge....the Aygo would've gone down 2 by now (but yes, I did drive that harder)

- speaking of fuel....the gear shift indicators...WTF?! annoying is the word so far as they seem to want to get me into 5th gear before I've hit 40mph!! ridiculous....I hope this settles once the engine is run in otherwise that function will get annoying...fast!

- the glove "box" - !Removed! hell, pushing those poppers in was a NIGHTMARE! especially as the surface behind isn't solid.....very annoying and pretty much guarantees I won't EVER remove it again!!

- Same goes for the tonneau [sp] cover....it's a bit annoying that the attachment points have popper covers....can't see myself wanting to leave them off so the cover will rarely get used!

- this cars a real head turner! I've had quite a few comments so far, and I'm really loving the look of it too (was always a bit embarrased to own the Aygo as it had a stigma attached as being a budget motor....not so with this beauty!)

- oh, and the drive is fantastic...smooth runner....much more quiet than the Aygo (and the much improved stereo system helps mask sound too!) haven't taken the car above 55mph yet as I don't want to rag it, but I remember the demo run I did on a duel carriageway at 70 being a doddle....the car feels much more composed to me than the Aygo ever did.

So yeah, colour me happy! Any one else got any thoughts to add? :)

- oh, and the drive is fantastic...smooth runner....much more quiet than the Aygo (and the much improved stereo system helps mask sound too!) haven't taken the car above 55mph yet as I don't want to rag it, but I remember the demo run I did on a duel carriageway at 70 being a doddle....the car feels much more composed to me than the Aygo ever did.

That was the thing that struck me on our test drive. We had the car for well over an hour and did some 'sensible' miles including a 25ish mile run at 70plus leptons down the M3 and the car was solid. Felt like a much bigger car. The Aygo at similar speeds is buzzy, jiggly and downright tiring - the iQ was in a different league altogether. I found I still had to plan overtakes well in advance but that was no different to the Aygo or the 5 smarts I owned before. The lack of power makes you drive in a much more anticipatory manner..........

That was the thing that struck me on our test drive. We had the car for well over an hour and did some 'sensible' miles including a 25ish mile run at 70plus leptons down the M3 and the car was solid. Felt like a much bigger car. The Aygo at similar speeds is buzzy, jiggly and downright tiring - the iQ was in a different league altogether. I found I still had to plan overtakes well in advance but that was no different to the Aygo or the 5 smarts I owned before. The lack of power makes you drive in a much more anticipatory manner..........

totally agree with that.

the real test for me will be motorway driving with strong cross winds....in the Aygo I nearly crashed once, absolutely terrifying at times....even on B-roads....I'm hoping the IQ will cope much better (it should do, with all the driving aids)

I have a question for anyone that knows the answer....the IQ has 9 airbags....1 of which is noted as being under the passenger seat! how on earth does that benefit the passenger? surely it'll shoot your knees into your face!

Here is your answer

iQ also features Toyota’s first seat cushion airbag, fitted to the front passenger seat. This inflates under the thighs to help hold the body in place, maximising the protection given by the front and side airbags.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey there!

well, 1 week in with my little white terror and here are my initial thoughts so far:

- I love the general feel and look of this car.....definitely pleased with my purchase! it has a really nice build quality and a nice "solid" feel to everything.

I really don't understand what the reviews were getting at when they complained about cheap feeling interior....unless I'm missing something and very soon it starts to fall apart, I'm very impressed so far (but then I have come from the Aygo, which is quite budget by comparison in feel)

- the gear shift is immense! it's got a great feel to it to....much more direct feeling than the great wafting paddle on the Aygo! It reminds me of the beauty I had on my old Lupo Gti (the one thing I really missed about that car when I went for the Aygo originally)

- I love all the little odds and sods.....definitely recommend everyone interested in this car goes for the IQ2 - OK, it costs a fair whack more but it makes the transition from Aygo to IQ seem much more pronounced....the auto lights/windscreen wipers are a dream! I had a frosty windscreen this morning, and the wipers didn't kick in until the window was fully defrosted (not sure how the car knew not to use them and wreck them with ice!) but very impressed by this. I also love the rear view mirror.....little touches like this may make you more lazy, but damn they're fun and great to impress people with.

- Smart entry - just brilliant! being able to keep my keys safely in my pocket (and also not having them slamming around by the wheel when driving) is brilliant, love it.

- fuel consumption - well, I've driven one week (albeit very carefully) and I've used 1 bar on the fuel gauge....the Aygo would've gone down 2 by now (but yes, I did drive that harder)

- speaking of fuel....the gear shift indicators...WTF?! annoying is the word so far as they seem to want to get me into 5th gear before I've hit 40mph!! ridiculous....I hope this settles once the engine is run in otherwise that function will get annoying...fast!

- the glove "box" - !Removed! hell, pushing those poppers in was a NIGHTMARE! especially as the surface behind isn't solid.....very annoying and pretty much guarantees I won't EVER remove it again!!

- Same goes for the tonneau [sp] cover....it's a bit annoying that the attachment points have popper covers....can't see myself wanting to leave them off so the cover will rarely get used!

- this cars a real head turner! I've had quite a few comments so far, and I'm really loving the look of it too (was always a bit embarrased to own the Aygo as it had a stigma attached as being a budget motor....not so with this beauty!)

So yeah, colour me happy! Any one else got any thoughts to add? :)

Must agree completely with you Brassik, in all respects.

In particular coming from an Aygo the difference is quite noticeable.

I was very happy with the Aygo but now I have got more things to be happy about!

By the way, I mentioned in a thread somewhere that I was concerned that the instantaneous mpg figure in the trip computer would not read above 60.0mpg (usually on a 3 digit display, it would go to 99.9 on the overrun), which means the average mpg figure readout would never be higher than this, although in theory the iQ should be capble of more than 60mpg.

I asked my dealer, who tried out their demostrator and it is the same as mine, and I presume yours.

So that is the way MrT wants it to be for some reason.

The scangauge gives a mpg readout anyway so it is not a problem.

I am still not sure how the average mpg readout is reset though..my dealership couldn't help with that one.The manual is a bit vague too..if anyone knows please tell us!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links