Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Real Life Mpg Figures From Owners

aygo

try diesel !

see iq-board.de forgerman user values. diesel get 4.6 liters/100km typically (50 m/US gal. or 60m/UK gl..)

HATTIE2

At 75-80 mph we get about 56 imperial mpg in our diesel, which I think is very good considering the engine is far from run in yet.

Running it at the most economical speed the economy is much better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnan

• Billy Aygo

• Goldfish11

• T V O R

I've just had a look at the IQ micro site. The article on the fuel economy is interesting, I'd love to know how it was achieved, 500 miles on a tank! The wife is still happy with her car though, that is all that matters.

I've just had a look at the IQ micro site. The article on the fuel economy is interesting, I'd love to know how it was achieved, 500 miles on a tank! The wife is still happy with her car though, that is all that matters.

My last word on my fuel consumption - enjoying my iQ so much I can't be bothered to check any more :-)).

On April 2nd (after 2500 miles) I posted the following:

I do a 75 mile round trip each day from Trowbridge to Bristol, half on country lanes (hills, bends, and lots of mud and muck!) and half on the M4 (usually 70 - 80mph average). My best on a tankfull is just over 60mpg driving as carefully as I possibly could every inch of the way, my worst is 51mpg ignoring the gear change light and revving it to the red line in second (70mph!) and third (>80mph!!) far too often.

I've now done nearly 5000 miles and thought I'd do another check. Driving ultra carefully and slowly (eg 60mph on motorway) I got 63 mpg. Driving like a rally competitor I got 51mpg. Fuel consumption checked manually and my guage agreed within 1 mpg (when less than 60mpg of course!!!!).

Best wishes to all iQ drivers.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from a stay in Northumberland and drove up the A68 which is an up and downy, sometimes twisty, 60mph limit main road from Newcastle to Edinburgh about 120 miles in distance to where I go.

I didn't drive economically, just wanting to get home and keep up with/pass where possible slower traffic and the iQ was fully loaded with luggage, and I also carry a spare wheel which weighs a bit.

My Scangauge is accurately calibrated and I was chuffed to see it was reading 64.6mpg after I arrived home.

The economy seams to be getting better, or maybe I am getting better, but as I said I made no attempt to be frugal.

Pleased with that! (Well done little car!)

• 1 month later...

I have done over a 1000 miles of general driving, although no really long journeys, and on each fill up I am getting just under 50mpg. actual,however carefully I drive. I just hope it will improve as the car runs in.

I have been advised by Toyota customer services that there is an inherent software problem which locks the mpg reading at 60.00. I am told that Toyota Europe are working on a fix for the problem but nothing is available to date.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links