Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help - Yaris Tns400 Aux Input

carltonf

Does anyone have any experience in connecting an iPod to the TomTom TNS400 System in the Yaris SR? I can connect using the iPod USB cable, but you then have to select and play the music via the TomTom display. I want to be able to select the music via the iPod which has better control of the albums and orders etc.

I thought turning on AUX would do it, but as soon as the iPod is connected, it switched to iPod mode. Is the answer to buy a mini-jack to USB cable (£5 on eBay!!) and play the iPod through it's headphone socket, or is there some cleverly hidden AUX input socket somewhere? (Other than the USB).

Or am I doing something else wrong - should there be a way of using AUX with an iPod.

If anyone knows the secret, I'd be very grateful!! Cheers.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2008 sr with the same unit my 120gb classic ipod 6th gen tries to read the sat nav as its too clever for the car I think.

Search "AUX105" on E-bay, this is the Cable for the eclipse or "TNS400" that we have. Plugs into the back of the unit into the CD changer plug. Says that you control the Ipod through itself but im not sure.

Hmmm.

Not sure. According to other posts, the TNS400 iPod interface isn't the "usual" Toyota 10-pin connector but this one....

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_099IPC107P/Ec...p=120&avf=N

I'll be able to confirm next week, as my brother has brought me two of these over from California (for just £19 each, incl US shipping) and I'll be trying to fit them when we meet up towards the end of the week....

Either I'll be happy or I'll have wasted £38 trying to save a couple of hundred.....

Well I've done some more digging....

The Eclipse web site (who make the TNS400) list both cables...

http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/avn/avn2210pmk2acce.html

They list the AUX105 as an "auxillary input" cable bu tthey list the IPC-107p as the dedicated iPod cable...

Will be able to confirm more when I take the unit out next week....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links