Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Engine

triphop

Hi all

The crankshaft pully on my 1996 hiace 2.4diesal has come loose and knackerd my engine.

I have rung around this morning and there seems to be lots of reasonably priced low milage used engines available ranging from 400-1000GBP 97-2000, 44000-78000 miles.

What are the pitfalls that I should be worried about with buying a used engine of a different year and putting it in my van.

Thanks alot

John

Hi all

The crankshaft pully on my 1996 hiace 2.4diesal has come loose and knackerd my engine.

I have rung around this morning and there seems to be lots of reasonably priced low milage used engines available ranging from 400-1000GBP 97-2000, 44000-78000 miles.

What are the pitfalls that I should be worried about with buying a used engine of a different year and putting it in my van.

Thanks alot

John

Think i'm gonna do it.

I have found one for 400gbp, 78000 miles year 2000 with no deisal pump or......one at 750gbp +vat, 32000 miles 1998 with a one year warranty

What dya think??

John

Hi all

Thanks alot

John

Think i'm gonna do it.

I have found one for 400gbp, 78000 miles year 2000 with no deisal pump or......one at 750gbp +vat, 32000 miles 1998 with a one year warranty

What dya think??

John

Gone for the 32000 miler 800+vat delivered one year warranty.

I will defo be fitting an alignment sensor for that bottom pully, certainly could have saved that last engine.

John

Hi all

Thanks alot

John

Think i'm gonna do it.

What dya think??

John

I will defo be fitting an alignment sensor for that bottom pully, certainly could have saved that last engine.

John

First pitfall I have found is to check what they are supplying with the engine, diesal pump, water pump etc.

Some do, some don't some most make it clear and some give a better price if there are bits missing.

Upshot is you need to know because it will increase the labour time/ ammount of work for yourself, and

Is it good to fit ancillary bits that have done 120 000 miles to an engine that has done 32 000 miles??

John

Hi all

Thanks alot

John

Think i'm gonna do it.

What dya think??

John

John

First pitfall I have found is to check what they are supplying with the engine, diesal pump, water pump etc.

Some do, some don't some most make it clear and some give a better price if there are bits missing.

Upshot is you need to know because it will increase the labour time/ ammount of work for yourself, and

Is it good to fit ancillary bits that have done 120 000 miles to an engine that has done 32 000 miles??

John

Turns out the new engine didn't come with a crankshaft pully and bolt(the only thing I cannot swap from my old engine)

bit of a bugger but after alot of twoing and froing the yard has agreed to send one out to me. phew

John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links