Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have Toyota Lost The Plot

s m smith

I have owned Toyotas for more than 30 years, i even remember when Lindops started trading, but somehow Toyota dont seem to have the edge anymore. Everybody is excited about the IQ, 2 stars on What Car, read any review on a toyota car its only ever average They dont make anything thats above average?????? Whats gone wrong. IQ average, Yaris Average , Avensis average, Time to change to something exciting new, but what????????

The 2-star review on What Car for the iQ did actually put me off test driving - they rate the Aygo more highly so I decided to keep what I have and not spend the excess money...

I certainly don't think they make iconic cars like they used to, but then back in the day they weren't afraid to take risks.... nowadays they are all into being green and producing cars with low emissions. This unfortunately does not mesh with risk-taking and exciting, innovative cars.

Saying this, the new Prius does look interesting from what I've seen of it.

But I am inclined to agree with you, that Toyota seem to have lost the sort of car they used to make and reviews have suffered, purely because other manufacturers are making them better.... that doesn't seem to affect the customer satisfaction surveys though - Toyota do seem to achieve a high rating in that respect, so maybe they aren't doing quite that badly....

The 2-star review on What Car for the iQ did actually put me off test driving - they rate the Aygo more highly so I decided to keep what I have and not spend the excess money...

I certainly don't think they make iconic cars like they used to, but then back in the day they weren't afraid to take risks.... nowadays they are all into being green and producing cars with low emissions. This unfortunately does not mesh with risk-taking and exciting, innovative cars.

Saying this, the new Prius does look interesting from what I've seen of it.

But I am inclined to agree with you, that Toyota seem to have lost the sort of car they used to make and reviews have suffered, purely because other manufacturers are making them better.... that doesn't seem to affect the customer satisfaction surveys though - Toyota do seem to achieve a high rating in that respect, so maybe they aren't doing quite that badly....

dont get me wrong, i like toyota, i used to have a 2.8 Supra 1989 brillant car , style perfomance, somthing differant, come on Toyota give us somthing we can shout about

Toyota's the IQ, Yaris etc may not be anything special but i only take it with a pinch of salt when it comes to what car or alot of other car magazines, i mean come on what car gives cars like Ford Ka a 5 star & there reall bad when it comes to driving it & as for the engine, ancient & noisy & power what power??!!lol :rolleyes: its the old Ka not new one

dont get me wrong, i like toyota, i used to have a 2.8 Supra 1989 brillant car , style perfomance, somthing differant, come on Toyota give us somthing we can shout about

Unfortunately the way the current economic climate is, I very much doubt Toyota will have the proverbial balls (or money, they made a loss this year for the first time since 1950) to make "something to shout about"

Performance cars are in the minority too.... most people want either family cars, executive saloons, small cheap runarounds or MPV's. It doesnt make viable financial sense to concentrate on performance cars I would expect....

Unfortunately the way the current economic climate is, I very much doubt Toyota will have the proverbial balls (or money, they made a loss this year for the first time since 1950) to make "something to shout about"

Performance cars are in the minority too.... most people want either family cars, executive saloons, small cheap runarounds or MPV's. It doesnt make viable financial sense to concentrate on performance cars I would expect....

did you watch Richard Hamond last Sunday, on that big skycraper???????????? see the BIG TOYOTA sign on top, they have more money than sense

I totally agree, which is why after owning 9 Toyotas I felt it was time to move on.

I can't ever see me buying any Toyota car made from about 2000 on.

A real shame really...

The kids don't even have any cool cars to aspire too like the GT4, supra, MR2 Turbo that might inspire future generations of Toyota buyers.

It's Not just Toyota though.. Honda axing the NXS and S2000 was a real shame.

Define exciting :huh:

The major part of the car sales market is deliberately aimed at the average buyer with the average needs therefore the average manufacturer must produce average cars. It has always been that way :yes:

Of course now and again a slightly different car turns up and can become something that people start to call exciting but generally exciting costs money both to produce and to buy. In today's financial climate it seems that we have to put up with average unless we are willing to pay a high price :(

The IQ is a fantastic car. Got to take one home from work a few weeks ago and was really surprised. Feels so big for such a small car. Goes pretty well to for what it is. Cruising at 70 (+) mph with ease and felt very sturdy. Still not overly keen on the looks but thinks its one of them cars that grows on you. But yeah, could definately do with a performance car in the range.

The IQ is a fantastic car. Got to take one home from work a few weeks ago and was really surprised. Feels so big for such a small car. Goes pretty well to for what it is. Cruising at 70 (+) mph with ease and felt very sturdy. Still not overly keen on the looks but thinks its one of them cars that grows on you. But yeah, could definately do with a performance car in the range.

At one time one car maker said "you can have any colour as long as its black" Today manufacturers have to build to "rules" such as recycling/ be energy concious and build to a competitive budget. The ordinary citizen will always be looking to middle of the road, with a eye on the first cost, the running costs and the residual costs so what do we have is a general frumpish , bland offerings from most mass producers car makers. IMHO Fred :D

I totally agree, which is why after owning 9 Toyotas I felt it was time to move on.

I can't ever see me buying any Toyota car made from about 2000 on.

A real shame really...

The kids don't even have any cool cars to aspire too like the GT4, supra, MR2 Turbo that might inspire future generations of Toyota buyers.

It's Not just Toyota though.. Honda axing the NXS and S2000 was a real shame.

bldyyy cheek - ye never menshunned the RAV4 Turbo! I built one and now have a 2nd and maybe later this year a 3rd.....the next the world.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links