Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dorset Insurance

Bibbs

Just so you don't get a shock to the system when the re-newal arrives.

Last year :

25 years old, 2 non fault claims (year 2000).

Garaged, 8k miles a year.

4 years NCD

£1100

This year :

26 years old, (2 claims now over 3 years old).

Garaged, 8k miles a year.

5 years NCD

£1650 ..

I've just called Sarah @ Dorset to justify the hike. (Adrian Flux have come back with £1050)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeroBlade

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• Dame

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,

can you please expand a bit.

I've got a policy with DIG, and they say that they dont charge for 'cosmetic' mods.

Now youve got loads of engine mods too, so did they not charge for that previously??

Jim's gonna h8 that!

Ah well, money aint really an object 4 him now is it?

heh

I'm kinda upset by that, was lookng to move ot dorset when my renew comes up in april. Thought i could finally mod to my hearts content w/o havin to wory about insunace hike :(

Cheers for the info Ben.

-Z

As far as i know after speaking to Sarah when i renewed the insurance on both my cars (A6 and MR2)

The were gonna have to start charging new clients because they have been having some big ole claims from them....where as the likes of me (& the Mrs) have been with them for 2+ years have full NCD etc etc.

It never seems a problem to come up with a decent quote.....Ok not the cheapest but level of cover is brill and all my mods declaired and fully insured.

NickM

details from Sarah

I have referred this to N-U and they have stated that they have loaded the premium of £1202.00 by 30% due to all of the mods. They were unable to give me a precise breakdown for each mod as they did it as a group.

The total after the loading is £1562.68 and when you add on the £52.50 for the legal fees and breakdown cover, it comes to the figure of £1615.18.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do as I have already shopped around and no one else will accept the risk.

Kindly let me have your advises regarding this as soon as possible. If I hear nothing from you by the renewal date, I will assume that you have gone elsewhere and will lapse off the policy.

I think it's something fairly new .. they WILL insure you, it may be very expensive though.

Here are some others (most will not insure me full stop) :

Tesco £1140.50

Chris Knott £1700

Adrian Flux £1086

Egg £1899

Liverpool Vic £1657

Wow, that sux big time dude...

and as forr egg their quotes r pants, i was actually bought in by their adds and when i got a quote it came out at about 2.2g...

keep in mine this was for a non modded n/a uk 2...

adrian flux seem to be pretty good tho.

-Z

and that's being 26, 5 years NCB, garaged car etc .. wait for your next quote Jimlad !!

OMFG !!!! :eek:

Argh ! My insurance id due June/July........

Mmmm... couldnt you argue saying that you done all this to your car because you knew Dorset doesn't charge for mods etc... what a bunch of f*ckers !!

Along with my claim, my insurance is probably gonna be monster !!

I'm gonna pay my insurance all at once this time round, but bluddy hell !! Looks like I'll have to moan to Dorset, then shop sround nearer the time. Not happy if they slap on a £500+ hike to my current insurance !

Problem is YOU gotta make sure that it's an import .. if THEY have it down as a UK car and there is an accident, it's YOUR problem .. :arrgg-matey:

The were gonna have to start charging new clients because they have been having some big ole claims from them....

Jim... u've gone and ruined it for everybody now!!!

lol

just playin pal :D

-Z

obviously they didn't like my £2500 claim I made !!!.........

Doh ! Sorry peeps !

If I phone up to renew, they'll say ... " no, no ... go away you ! " :D

Well i have been insured with dorset for the past 2 years (both the MR2 and the A6) so nuffing to do with me....something to do with these idiot max power types...

No on really because I am damn carefull buti get fcuked over for other peoples stupidity!

Grrrr

Well i dont know... :P

Ok just did a quote on the web for tesco on both me cars....will they allow mods??

Spec so far;

Apexi Filter

HKS BOV (recirulated so its merely a blinger std one)

Unichip

Unichip FCD

Unichip WI ctrl Module

ERL Mapable WI

Blitz DSBC set at 1.2/3 bar max

Full Blitz NUR Spec Zorst

Decat

17" Momo Quazar 2's

Koni Suspension (struts and springs)

oh and i do track days in it....I dont recon they will cover it??

I'll buy your car Jimlad .. when the insurance is due .. £50 ..

HAHAHA!!! jimlad is gonna have to sell up and get something well duff. Look at all your mods James!

nope.....

I'll shop around and pay the nest I can get.... not gonna get rid of the car just cos insurance is high !!

I'll be paying it in one go anyway... so not that much of an issue.

HAHAHA!!! jimlad is gonna have to sell up and get something well duff. Look at all your mods James!

are you still on your Dads insurance for your car like you were your cav ?

Hmm I said this to peeps a while ago that Dorset ARE charging people (albeit not ALL of em) for mods and I dont like saying told you so Jimlad but thats why I said you best phone em b4 you do ur mods. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links