Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dorset Insurance

Bibbs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeroBlade

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• Dame

Top Posters In This Topic

what a bunch of f*ckers !!

see my sig.

i agree totally. since that :censor: hit my car at the end of last september i have had only 1 phone call with dorset. that is the one i made just after the accident.

dorset gave me the phone number of NIG SKANDIA who it appears dorset fixed me up with, who are also a set of disgraceful :censor: .

as a revered broker by most on this forum i would have expected at least 1 follow up call to ask how my accident claim is prigressing, but apparently once the broker has got you the insurance - they dont care about u anymore!!

:censor:

Norwich Union have done me £770 all mods declared on the G Limited (FC).

I'm 20 with 0 NCB.

They certainly quoted me happy *I smell cheeeeeeeseeeeeee*. I can't say what they'd be like if I had to make a claim, but I really would recommend them if you're after a cheap quote!

The company has moved to India so they have to pay comparatively f*ck all to their staff etc, and I would imagine overheads are alot lower, which might explain why they're so cheap.

I'm with Dorset... but it's all actually handled by Norwhich Union...

no complaints so far... my claim was handled VERY well !

I'm with Dorset... but it's all actually handled by Norwhich Union...

no complaints so far... my claim was handled VERY well !

did u have to do all the telephoning to get anywhere? or did norwich union call u?

did dorset actually help, or do any work at all with ur claim?

im curious, maybe its just me theyre takin the ***** with?

not 1 phone call, or letter AT ALL in the last 4 months since the accident.

only 2 letters from NIG and a boat load of lies too.

perhaps i will ask the union to quote me happy, or go with tesco after all!

I phoned Sorset who took some details then told me to phone Norwich union.

The same day my car was towed to a garage and within a few days I received a letter.

I phoned them to see what was happening regarding the car.. they were waiting on someone going out to see it etc. They were very helpfull.. so was the garage it was at.

No probs for me.

im jealous of you jim :thumbsup:

it must be those sultry scottish tones that get the girlys at dorset (opposite end of island!), all wooey :lol:

i'll have a go at perfecting my accents - it might help :rolleyes:

I'm sure glad my car is still standard. It may stay that way now, unless Elephant do Mods, which I doubt. I'm keen to carry on paying £800 hopefully less at renewal.........

i managed to get my 92 mr2 turbo fully comp very cheep through insurance factory...think its because i use it as second car and they have got it on a classic policy ith limited milage,only used as a toy on the great un policed scottish roads......over £1000 cheaper than best quote i had....i have 0 no claims by the way......still waiting for final policy details so it still might go !Removed! upp........if thats any help to you out there

...they have got it on a classic policy...

A m8 told me that cars considerd "classic" can get cheaper insurance. Don't insurance companies do this automatically, or do ya havta tell em its a classic car? :unsure:

-Z

Classic - it implies low mileage 2nd car .. a few places do "future classic" .. but I've not got a 2nd car ..

Classic - it implies low mileage 2nd car .. a few places do "future classic" .. but I'ÿÿÿ¿ÿÿÿÿÿÿð

the broker must of searched a lot of policies to get it so cheep.....i had a fiesta turbo and my motorbike at the time when i insured the mr2 which i think helped.....i did not ask for a classic policy i just got given that one......im only £850 fully comp with zero no claims and four years of driving exp....

Soz bout prev post, internets acting !Removed!, this is what it was meant to say (more or less, nevëi¬õ3ÔºNûÒÙÕpR.g>‰‚Q“#B5o0ÁЧ{iHM:‹!8„d¦1°=&úÐjx1ÒÔâç#ÉB7£Ûµ0´ðâ‹œ¯¹X§¿

My mk1 is on a classic policy, under 3000 miles a year, all the car has to be is over 10 years old so any rev 1 - 3 can be on a classic policy. my mk 1 zero no claims if £250 with track cover, adrian flux

Soz bout prev post, internets acting !Removed!, this is what it was meant to say (more or less, never can rem what i type!):

Classic - it implies low mileage 2nd car .. a few places do "future classic" .. but I've not got a 2nd car ..

I'm named driver on my 2, w. my mum being the actual policy holder. Now she also has her own car that she drives daily. Could i get away with saying that the 2 is her "low mileage 2nd car" and blag a cheaper classic insurance?

-Z

Possibly, but be careful, also be careful being a named driver on a car that is yours. Do you use the car to commute to work? If you do, you could risk invalidating the policy (I should check the wording carefully). When your the second driver on a car (especially if you're a youngster) you are only supposed to use the car for a 'resonable' amount of time. Now if you happen to have an accident, and the insurance company investigates, if they find you commute to work in it - (which they will by establishing it can be the only way you could get there) they will invalidate your policy. I know because we've done this in the past, so be careful. Classic car policies are cheap for a reason, they are only meant for low usage.

Well i do drive the car regularly but tbh dont put in much milage as i dont take the car to work or uni. And all my m8's live pretty close so i don't havta take the car. As an example i've done about 3000 miles, in the past 5 months, mainly motorway driving.

Just had a spy of my insurance certificate...

i thawt insurance was sposed to be for a yr, according to my doc i'm covered from 21/09/03 to 25/04/04, whats up w. that?

dunno mate .. it's not even a 10 month bonus accelerator thing ..

I'll hav2 ring em up 2moro, as i KNOW i got a yrs wrth of insurance. If not then i've been screwed. Paying 1800 for 7 mnths... OMG!!!! :eek:

im sure u can only get 6/12 mnths neways...

i h8 finding stuff like this out...

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links