Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dorset Insurance

Bibbs

Most policies are for a year min or 10 months if on a bonus accelerator. You can insure for more limited periods, but I've never heard of 7 months. Probably a typo. Get it checked out though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeroBlade

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• Dame

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont even know what accelerated is...

but yeh i'll give tesco a ring 2moro and c what the crack is.

From the looks of things every1's having a nice cozy nite in.

Its s'posed to snow shed loads in the next few days, normally i'd be happy with tons of free time so i can master snow driving. But i just started repainting my car. This is really gonna mess me up, bleh :eek:

-Z

freaking double post again. this is really gettin on my nerves now...

Edited by ZeroBlade

Accelerated means you pay around the premium for a 12 month policy, but it only lasts for 10 months....However, after these ten months have elapsed, you get a years NCB. Do this for fifty months and you'll have 5 years NCB. You basically acquire full NCB nearly a year (5 years = 60 Months) before you would using a standard policy.

i dont even know what accelerated is...

You pay for 11 months .. get 10 moths .. and a years NCB ..

so it costs more .. but you get a whole NCB in 10 moths .. (and it's usually not transferable to another company) ..

I get ya, cheers for the breakdown boys :)

The last bit that bibb's said kinda knocks it rite dwn, bout it being non transferable. Not something i'd bother with.

The way things are looking right now i probably will end up transferring cos adrian flux seems to give out some nice offers. just reminded me of a 2.5G quote i got for an FC a couple of yrs ago, hehe wonder what they'd quote me know for that car?

i'll update 2moz on whats going on w. the insurance, it mite even be a good time to tell em about the "mods" i've got on, thats gonna suck!

-Z

Yeah cheers Bibbs for your accuracy about the 11 Month Premium - sorry I'm a bit sketchy around this... but the rest still stands - guess I should know that, but we're legal expenses insurance!

just had a look at all my papers and i've worked out why the date was diff for my 2.

This policy was for my Carina initially from april 2003 to april 2004, then i sold that and got the 2 so... I changed the vehicle that was insured (to the mr2), hence the insurance for the mr2 began in Sept 2003, and the policy still ended on april 2004.

Guess that solves the problem :)

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links