Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Surf 2.4 Ssrx

coldfield

Thinking of swapping my Volvo V70 T5 Estate R reg, for a hilux surf 2.4 ssrx J reg..

I need a 4x4 for my new job and have been looking for a decent hilux. Please convince me that i am not mad, and will be doing the right thing.

Only ever had a Pajero in the past, so have a rough idea as to the performance of a 4x4.

Its just the difference in age that bothers me, My volvo is worth about £2250...I have no idea what the J reg Hilux is worth.

Can anybody give me some feedback on this model...All i know at the moment is that it has 6 months tax, and a years mot...no mention of S/H.

Black with lots of chrome, looks in very good condition from the pictures, it has a Rev up switch ??? everything electric, A/C.....

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS.......Thanks in advance lads.

Matt.

hi, main thing to check is cooling, as they are prone to head problems, as i found out, otherwise they are good motors,

for 2 grand shoud get you a good one, or go for 3 litre.

Thinking of swapping my Volvo V70 T5 Estate R reg, for a hilux surf 2.4 ssrx J reg..

I need a 4x4 for my new job and have been looking for a decent hilux. Please convince me that i am not mad, and will be doing the right thing.

Only ever had a Pajero in the past, so have a rough idea as to the performance of a 4x4.

Its just the difference in age that bothers me, My volvo is worth about £2250...I have no idea what the J reg Hilux is worth.

Can anybody give me some feedback on this model...All i know at the moment is that it has 6 months tax, and a years mot...no mention of S/H.

Black with lots of chrome, looks in very good condition from the pictures, it has a Rev up switch ??? everything electric, A/C.....

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS.......Thanks in advance lads.

Matt.

better off finding a 3.0ltr.. They dont suffer so much from the cracked head problem. And they have more oomph!

You wont be dissapointed, try and test drive both.

If you go for a 2.4 make sure its had the head done, make sure the rad is clean and not mucky.

I think the head issue was overheating.

Apart from that they are great vehicles.. owned a couple in my time and i loved the 3.0 ltr more.

Thanks for the comments lads.......think i will hold out for a 3.0 ltr. Can i put an advert on this site to see if anyone would be interested in a Swap for my Volvo?

Thanks angain..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links