Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Identity Crisis

John R

Right,

The car has a personalised number plate, beginning with W. So at first I thought it was a rev5

Then I realised it had a rev3/4 spoiler

When I got an insurance quote, the numberplate said it was a 10th anniversary

It has the standard airbag steering wheel.

I'll have a look later whether it has the silver door sills / kick plate

It's actually a 1997 P Reg. But the buyers guide on IMOC says that the ltd Edition came out in 1995.

So I'm a bit lost really. I'll look at the chassis number and see if I can track it down that way.

Cheers for now,

John.

If it doesnt have the 10th anniversary wheel and no chrome MR2 kickplates then Id assume that its NOT a 10th anniversary edition.

Aside from those 2 things I dont thing that there are any other differences.

well... maybe the plate on the car is reg'd as a anni. edition, and it's been moved to another 2 (summin dodgy?)...

I think u'll have to get a full search done on the car. X-reference the engine no. , chasis no. , reg no. , etc.

Either that or u've got a weird model. I have heard of a mk1 mr2 that was "inbetween" editions, it was something of a prototype / disaply car thing. U'll havta hav a check on that one m8.

-Z

PM me your chassis number and engine number, and I'll see what comes up through TGB's records.

I take it hat it is a UK car

Also you say your car is an Anvi model and its in caribbean blue, as far a can remember the special editions were silver with a gloss black roof.

Check the chassis number I posted .. I believe it listed the Aniv models ..

Revision 3

November 1993 to June 1996

Chassis JT163SW2000087386 to JT163SW2000106662

Revision 3 (10th Aniversary Ltd Edition)

December 1995 to Febuary 1996

Chassis JT163SW200010????

Revision 4

June 1996 to December 1997

Chassis JT163SW2000106663 to JT163SW2000110780 (Approx)

Right, this is my VIN No;

JT163SW20001075**

This still doesn't make it any clearer to me. According to that, it could be a 10th Anniversary OR a Rev4.

Or am I being daft and missing something really obvious.

I'd suggest you don't post your VIN .. people can get keys cut for your car if they know it ..

But it still shouldn't have a W plate :eek:

Correct, I reckon this is one for an HPI check. RINGER ALERT, RINGER ALERT. get them no.s checked matey. <_<

PM me your vin number, reg number and Engine number and I can check it through at work tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer, I can check it at work too..... But from Bibbs' post on chassis numbers and looking at mine, I'm quite certain it's a Rev4. It can't be a 10th anniversary because it has the normal steering wheel, normal sills and all the log books / owners book say nothing about 10th anniversary.

Cheers for the offer and the help though. :thumbsup:

John

i'd stay away, dvla says not legal to make a car look younger than it is, they just wouldn't register it.

The DVLA do make mistakes, I went to have a look at a Nissan 300zx that was imported in 1998, it was a late 91 model car but they registered it with an S (1998) prefix.....all totally legal and above board.

So is your MR2 a UK car ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links