Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Cleaning

John R

While the car is just sat there, I'm going to clean then engine (inside and out)

I'll use some ecotek de-coking spray for the inside, I'm just wondering what to use for the exterior.... I was thinking of a rag and some WD40 might do the job!?

Steam cleaner is always good!

followed by a can of silicone dressing...thats how i did mine looks peachy......

I have used WD40, but was advised not to use it on the rubber stuff as it could react, don't know if that's true! So I use a rubber cleaner (from Autoglym) for that. :thumbsup:

Theres a new product out called 'JIZZER' lol, its pretty cool you spray it on, go over it with a stiff brush of some sort and then as its water based you can hose it down and all the crap drains off - just make sure you dont do it on the driveway because you'll be cleaning that too!!!

Matt.

just outa curiosity if i wer to do what u just sed matt. Use the !Removed! :o then hose it off what bits in the engine bay would i need to cover w. a plastic bag (or equivalent) so as not to get em wet and damage em. I'm already thinking fuse box, induction kit, what else m8?

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links