Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Inferior Interior

iQnit

I finally picked up my iq today after 3 months of waiting.

I ordered the leather as an optional extra, after seeing the picture in the brochure.

To say i`m disappointed is an understatement.

The quality of the leather was awful, they had used mixed grades of leather (some panels were very wrinkled while others were nice and tight).

The fitting of the covers was shoddy to say the least, the seams were twisted, and some of the stitching was coming undone!

The surface of the leather had been cleaned with some chemical, which had bleached the colour, and so had permanent marks where it had been wiped with a cloth, the valeters tried to remove it but it was useless. (the showroom model was the same)

Needless to say i rejected the car. They have returned it to have new seats fitted, so i`ll wait and see how it comes back.

I was impressed with the rest of the car though.

If anyone has leather seats , do they resemble the ones in the brochure? or are they as wrinkled as Norah Batties stockings?

You are the only one I know of on here who has had the leather. Who is your Toyota dealer?

I went for the leather option too. In fact I had to wait an extra 10 days because of the leather.

Well worth the wait though. I can't fault mine in any way.

Cheers

John

have seen the leather fitted at the training site and also we have sold a leather equipped IQ - both were very good quailty of fit and the leather was good quality too

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links