Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting

gaz9141

Hello all,

New to this site and would love some answers please!!!!!!

I have started to get a starting problem on my 97' 3.0ltr 3rd gen surf only on cold mornings, after i have let the glow plugs work i turn the key and not much happens the starter motor tries to turn but doesn't it seems as though its stuck/frozen! this happened the other morning and this time persaverance payed off on the 8th attempt the engine turned over once ond off she goes as normal. whats going on?

I have put a brand new toyota Battery on it as this issue started around c'mas when it got cold and i was jumping it off my van to get it going so i obviously thought it was the Battery!

it runs like a dream absolutly faultless in every other way normally starts on the first or second spin of the engine, serviced regularly so i'm at a loss as to what the cold is doing. i have been advised at a local garage that the starter motor is on the way out could this be true? if so why only in cold weather?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello all,

I have started to get a starting problem on my 97' 3.0ltr 3rd gen surf only on cold mornings, after i have let the glow plugs work i turn the key and not much happens the starter motor tries to turn but doesn't it seems as though its stuck/frozen! this happened the other morning and this time persaverance payed off on the 8th attempt the engine turned over once ond off she goes as normal. whats going on?

I have put a brand new toyota battery on it as this issue started around c'mas when it got cold and i was jumping it off my van to get it going so i obviously thought it was the battery!

it runs like a dream absolutly faultless in every other way normally starts on the first or second spin of the engine, serviced regularly so i'm at a loss as to what the cold is doing. i have been advised at a local garage that the starter motor is on the way out could this be true? if so why only in cold weather?

Hello all,

I have put a brand new toyota battery on it as this issue started around c'mas when it got cold and i was jumping it off my van to get it going so i obviously thought it was the battery!

Common fault with starter solonoid. Service kit available from Roughtrax.

Common fault with starter solonoid. Service kit available from Roughtrax.

Thanks Contractor, i take it its the kit for £35, Have you done this repair before? it is advertised with instructions so is it fairly straight forward to service your starter motor?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links