Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mudflaps

DavidSmart

:huh: Hi Guys ( sorry and Gals ),

picked up my IQ2 auto last Thursday ( 5th March ), very pleased so far. Dont seem to be having 'scratch' problems with the door panels. I noticed on eBay there are a few places selling accessories for the IQ ( just search Toyota IQ ), and I was quite interested in mudflaps. I emailed the seller 'how do you fit them ?'. He says 'drill one hole , and a clip, should be able to do it yourself'. Just wondering if anyone has them already ( with pics ), and is it easy. I dont mind drilling into plastic, but metal might invalidate the paint warranty mightn't it. Anybody got any info ?

Thanks

post-73261-1236631120_thumb.jpg

picked up my IQ2 auto last Thursday ( 5th March ), very pleased so far. Dont seem to be having 'scratch' problems with the door panels. I noticed on Ebay there are a few places selling accessories for the IQ ( just search Toyota IQ ), and I was quite interested in mudflaps. I emailed the seller 'how do you fit them ?'. He says 'drill one hole , and a clip, should be able to do it yourself'. Just wondering if anyone has them already ( with pics ), and is it easy. I dont mind drilling into plastic, but metal might invalidate the paint warranty mightn't it. Anybody got any info ?

Thanks

I have fitted them and did not need to do any drilling.

There is a self tapper that goes into a spire nut on the rear mud flap near the top under the wing, and it might be preferable to drill a hole but I found it not necessary.The hole would be into the plastic of the rear "bumper" anyway and not metal, so no rust issues!

If you look at the official accessory installation manual (AIM), it shows you how they are fitted.Took me about 10 minutes for all of them, and I think they look good too!

delve into this site:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/

If you look for a thread "iQ mud flaps and exhaust trim" in this forum, there are some poor attempts at pictures there.

I got mine from Parts-king (he is often on this forum) and are official Toyota ones which came by next day delivery (as he had them in stock).

picked up my IQ2 auto last Thursday ( 5th March ), very pleased so far. Dont seem to be having 'scratch' problems with the door panels. I noticed on Ebay there are a few places selling accessories for the IQ ( just search Toyota IQ ), and I was quite interested in mudflaps. I emailed the seller 'how do you fit them ?'. He says 'drill one hole , and a clip, should be able to do it yourself'. Just wondering if anyone has them already ( with pics ), and is it easy. I dont mind drilling into plastic, but metal might invalidate the paint warranty mightn't it. Anybody got any info ?

Thanks

I have fitted them and did not need to do any drilling.

There is a self tapper that goes into a spire nut on the rear mud flap near the top under the wing, and it might be preferable to drill a hole but I found it not necessary.The hole would be into the plastic of the rear "bumper" anyway and not metal, so no rust issues!

If you look at the official accessory installation manual (AIM), it shows you how they are fitted.Took me about 10 minutes for all of them, and I think they look good too!

delve into this site:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/

If you look for a thread "iQ mud flaps and exhaust trim" in this forum, there are some poor attempts at pictures there.

I got mine from Parts-king (he is often on this forum) and are official Toyota ones which came by next day delivery (as he had them in stock).

Thanks for the info johnan, the Toyota site was very useful. I would be interested in your prices for the mudflaps Parts-king if you are on , thanks

Thanks for the info johnan, the Toyota site was very useful. I would be interested in your prices for the mudflaps Parts-king if you are on , thanks

It would be a good idea for you to send Parts-king a PM with your request. :thumbsup:

He might not look at this forum too much.

Good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links