Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First 2 Weeks With The Iq

RedNotDead

So, 2 weeks and 400 miles in my iQ2.

The Good

• very refined for such a small car, leagues ahead of my previous smarts and Aygo
  • nice quality feel to all the switchgear
  • seems solidly put together, doors and boot make a satisfying 'thunk' on closing
  • automatic gearbox is loosening up nicely. Changes are seamless.
  • easily holds it own on the motorway at 70+ leptons
  • no scratches to the interior panels yet and we haven't treated it any differently from other cars
  • turning circle is ridiculously small
  • not seen another one on the road yet!

The So-So

• A pillars are quite large and present a reasonably large blind spot
  • some wind noise from the small window behind the driver at motorway speeds

The Bad

• water run off leaves dirty stripes down the car from the door handles
  • needs some sort of luggage retainer for when you have one rear seat up and one down
  • interior light is pants

Overall a great little car and one we have no regrets in buying. Economy not quite as advertised yet but I'm sure it will get better. The only downer is that Toyota have now announced the iQ3. If I had known that was coming I may have waited and had that instead but can't grumble, the iQ2 has blown my previous Aygo Blue and smarts into the middle of next week. Such a better car all round.

Good write up rednotdead, I agree with most of it apart the water run off, I waxed mine with poorboys other day for hours & it now bobbles & runs straight off when it rains, the vision on right hand turns is apalling I must agree & YES I do also get that wind noise. The +'s for me are

the stereo is amazing, very clear & a decent volume plus I love the ipod ready plug.

bulbs are so easy to change, I just put philips silver vision all round & took about 5 mins instead of cutting my fingers to bits on my Renault!

also got no scratches to panels (yet)

horn is a bit poor, sounds like a giggle!

and if my gearbox was OK would be really chuffed but see how Toyota fix it Tuesday before I slag them off.

Jaine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links